1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Green Fleetwood Mac

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nelson Au, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Well-Known Member

I just rediscovered my box set of Fleetwood Mac-25 years The Chain that was released in 1992.

Disc 4 contains the early works with Peter Green. I was always bothered that this did not include "Oh Well" part 2. I did a search to find a CD with both parts last night and found an import on Amazon, Peter Green Fleetwood Mac came up. Had all the early stuff in there. Is this a pretty easy disc to find at my local Tower Records or is it pretty hard to find? I'll look Monday, but was curious if it's any good or if there are other CD's that contain this material. Thanks!

Nelson

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Well-Known Member

Rachael Bellomy
    I can't answer your question. However, I brought one. Have you heard THE BIGGEST THING SINCE COLOSSUS by Otis Spann with Fleetwood Mac? It's killer blues IMO, although they used Spann's drummer in place of Mick. Otis apparenly couldn't connect with him... The whole thang so very well displays Green's get-tar. Poor Otis fell dead from a heart attack a few months later. His last album was certainly an intresting one.[​IMG]

3. Charlie-W

Charlie-W Member

Nelson,

I know what you're talking about- I can't hear "Oh Well Part 1" without "part 2". It sounds like you're stopping in the middle of the song! Kind of like hearing Traffic's "Glad" without "Freedom Rider".

Anyway, I'm not home or I would check, but I'm pretty sure the domestic version of "Then Play On" CD has both parts, even though it's not clear from this page-

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...116510-0383040

I'll check tonite and let you know.

-Charlie

4. Tom McDonald

Tom McDonald Well-Known Member

Check your local FYE I found it there, pick up the Peter Green dvd while your there it is awesome.

5. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Well-Known Member

It's on there, all right, but it's in mono & sounds awful (as does the rest of the CD).[​IMG]