What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm just making guesses but the commercial makes it VERY CLEAR that
Fusco's number is up. However, I don't think they'd reveal that in a commercial so while he's probably going to have a bad week, I think he'll live.

I'm not entirely convinced that any character is going to die but it seems like this is the end of HR so the writers will probably want there to be some big consequences/death of a main character. It definitely won't be Reese or Finch. Even though HR is her big fight, it's unlikely to be Carter since she's the female lead of the show. It probably isn't Root since her story seems to be destined to intertwine with The Machine in the future. That only leaves Shaw who I hope they don't kill off since she's so dark that she becomes comedic relief.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just guessing on my own, the loss isn't human. It's not exactly a loss, but a shift on how they get the numbers or at least the person that receives the numbers. If not then it depends how cute the writers want to be if it's not Fusco.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I changed my guess, it is going to be Bear. Remember they made a point of Reese telling Finch to buy Bear a ballistic vest? The vest arrives one day too late.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Holy cow!! I figured it was to obvious that it would be Fusco. Then they start throwing all of these little closures with Joss. She and John have a moment...she resolved with her husband (last week) and finally she figured out the machine. Still was surprised they killed her off.Looks like everyone (incl.Root) go after Simmons and the rest of HR.One thing. Why did they have to go to FBI headquarters? Couldn't they contact them to meet them? Especially, after the FBI just busted a bunch of cops about to kill mobsters with drugs in their cars.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
todd s said:
One thing. Why did they have to go to FBI headquarters? Couldn't they contact them to meet them? Especially, after the FBI just busted a bunch of cops about to kill mobsters with drugs in their cars.
I assume they went to them to ensure honesty - the entire staff at the Federal building couldn't be dishonest. But if you call someone, you can't be sure that the agents who come aren't part of HR. That was the lesson learned with the judge.

And like other episodes in the past, even when you sensed something was about to happen (and you knew it was coming), it still sucker-punched you when it did happen. That's why this show has been so good.

Next week, I'm sure, will be good. It's after next week that the challenge happens - what comes after this story.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That ending was a real slap in the face. I saw that Jonathan Nolan co-wrote next week's episode, so I thought the big death was going to wait until that episode. And then just when the good guys seem to have an unqualified win, bang.The only false note in the whole episode for me was the kiss at the morgue. It seemed to try to force something that wasn't there. John's feelings for Carter run very deep, but I never got any hint of romantic interest there. Carter's one of the people who saved his life. I always saw their bond as one of deep friendship, the kind you would hear about WWI soldiers and their comrades in the trenches.
todd s said:
Holy cow!! I figured it was to obvious that it would be Fusco. Then they start throwing all of these little closures with Joss. She and John have a moment...she resolved with her husband (last week) and finally she figured out the machine. Still was surprised they killed her off.Looks like everyone (incl.Root) go after Simmons and the rest of HR.
Yeah, once Fusco escaped, I thought it had to be Carter that was going after they showed the positive home life Carter's son had with his dad, and by contrast how dependent Fusco's son was on him.And the one silver lining with this development is that we get to keep Fusco in the mix. Kevin Chapman should get an Emmy for this episode. His face when he was choking out that guy is the kind of unconstrained fury that just viscerally tears across the screen.
David Weicker said:
I assume they went to them to ensure honesty - the entire staff at the Federal building couldn't be dishonest. But if you call someone, you can't be sure that the agents who come aren't part of HR. That was the lesson learned with the judge.
Thank you! I felt the same way as Todd, and other than the first kiss it was the only thing that didn't click for me. Now I have a way to rationalize it to myself.It just shows how good of a core cast this show's had from day one that you really hate the idea of losing anybody. Nobody in the original four felt expendable. The show is going to be a very different place without Carter anchoring her corner of the narrative.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
After next week, how long will the hiatus be? Is it possible we don't get new episodes until January?Didn't see this coming and I sure don't like it. The kiss was an errant move but the dialogue was fine. Man, that was one dirty police department. I'm still not believing this is it for Carter, but it must be. Even having everyone call her Joss was a tell, if you think about it. This is big.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There was a "tell" about Joss and Reese middle of season 2. They had a moment that coulda...but it was interrupted. It was right before Zoe and Reese played house.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Really hate to lose the character, so seeing where the show goes after next week's wrap-up is going to be very interesting indeed.

I kept thinking about the Bruce Willis movie 16 Blocks during much of this week's episode. Same kind of tone and pacing with dirty cops desperate to stop what was happening..

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
That was indeed a great episode and the writing on this show is just fantastic for the most part. Not too many other shows kill off a main character and go for a real feeling. In fact, the lady that plays Carter said on EW and on Twitter that her character was "always planned to be killed off at some point, she just didn't know when". From the start it was about her and Reese becoming close and developing that relationship over time. What she was telling Reese when she died was "Don't let this change.....you". Her dying words for out of love for the bond they shared and she wanted him to keep saving people and NOT go back to the way he was or become a vigilante.

She also Tweeted about that "kiss" everyone was talking about and she said "When you are very close friends with someone, sometimes that friendship takes a dramatic turn under certain events. For us, it was the fact we had become so intimate without it being physical, but feeling there was a line there. That line was crossed when the walls were closing in on us."

The actor that plays Reese told the lady that plays Carter that he wanted to try something NOT in the script and to just go with it when they were filming that scene. She said that she loved the idea and wanted to go off script too. It was the two of them that made up the whole scene of the momements just before the kiss and the kiss itself.

Some really great reading for those that missed it, can't wait to see where this goes now.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Great episode, though I thought at first Simmon's was going to kill Fusco's kid on the street to show him he keeps his promise. Will be sad to see Henson go, but it was a powerful moment which shows how well the writers have written her character throughout. I guess that's why the other female lead came on at the start of Season 3.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode. I really forgot about
Elias
during the episode. Root was very impressive and it will be interesting to see what this upcoming threat is going to be.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
NeilO said:
Another great episode. I really forgot about
Elias
during the episode. Root was very impressive and it will be interesting to see what this upcoming threat is going to be.
I think it might be that hacker group that is probably targeting the machine.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well, I watched last night's episode again. It was just as good the second time. Interesting, that Shaw was a Doctor before she became a covert operative.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
In my opinion, Person of Interest is one of the best shows on television. It's simply been excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks