What's new

Person of Interest Season 3 (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
stevelecher said:
but couldn't it be said that the night she rescued Elias was one too?
At first, I didn't think it was a sudden defining moment.

It may turn out to be one later in hindsight, if it has big consequences for Elias later in the season (or subsequent seasons).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
A great episode! I was expecting the back story on Shaw and the upcoming episode too. That little girl was great, she reminded me of a young Dakota Fanning. Hopefully, this will help quiet some of this forum's criticism about this show.
I completely agree. After a opening handful of episodes that were mostly standard-issue filler episodes, this past week's episode really got back to doing what the show does best. I missed Fusco, but otherwise everything ran like a well-oiled machine.

I thought both little girls were excellent, and both were asked to do a lot more than the usual child mugging for the camera. The PoI had to speak Russian and hold her own with adults without being TOO cloyingly precocious. "Sameen" had to portray a child who'd just lost her father in a completely unconventional way. She couldn't fall back on over-the-top histrionics, but she still had to hold your sympathy. Shah is a psychopath, but she's not evil. That's a hard tightrope to walk, and the girl who played Sameen did it well.
jcroy said:
The scene with Carter turning the tables and "owning" the rookie cop in the cop bar, was like a defining moment for her.
Great scene amidst a series of back to back surprises. You could tell Taraji P. Henson was relishing the material.
stevelecher said:
The over the top moment though, and there weren't many in season one, was Shaw giving herself a blood transfusion. C'mon man! Doesn't do that much good if the damage isn't repaired.
The pilot had Reese blowing up the car he was in with a grenade and then dragging Fusco away from the wreckage, so I've accepted right from the get-go that elements of this show are heightened.
And I think with the blood transfusion Shaw was just buying herself time to find the girl.

The one nice thing if Shaw's tied up with Root for a while is that it would allow some episodes with the quartet of Reese/Finch/Carter/Fusco back working cases together as a team. As much as I like the Shaw character, it does dilute things a bit from the original concept.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
This was the first episode this year I wanted to watch a second time. Highly entertaining.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
stevelecher said:
This was the first episode this year I wanted to watch a second time. Highly entertaining.
I watched it 6 times already. :P

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Comcast changed up the QAM channels again, so I'm stuck with watching it streaming from CBS. I'm glad they finally sorted out the rights for that though.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
At first I was thinking that three storylines were just too many for one episode, but the neat way the John and Shaw stories wrapped into each other just shows the strength of the writing for the show. I really enjoyed the episode. Carter's story is gaining in intrigue each week, too. Great job!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I figured out that the girlfriend was scamming the con artist. I didn't figure they'd kill the rookie.Regarding the preview for upcoming episodes:
I'm going to be really pissed if they kill of Fusco after underutilizing him so badly in this first run of episodes.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I, too, knew early on that the girl friend was going to turn out to be a con artist. She was just too understanding and patient to be believed. I didn't buy her act for a second. I thought everyone was too gullible where she was concerned. Can't believe they fell for her act.

Still, I did enjoy the episode. And now Carter has a new focus for her vigilance.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
The rookie got kind of squeamish the last couple weeks, didn't he? He didn't seem so reticent before Carter got the drop on him. Yes, I'm surprised, a little, over his demise and that Carter has learned as much as she has.This was a very good episode, very good, and I'm looking forward to the next three weeks. And Adam, I too will be real sad, but it could happen. Life can be very unfair.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah I saw the GF as a villain. But I thought she was working with Carter's buddy...not solo.The exchange with the HR boss was great.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A strong episode last night and looking forward to the next couple of weeks. If one of them dies then let's hope it's done well with great acting, writing and direction.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I was really impressed with how Carter's storyline played out in last night's episode. It turned several cliches right on their heads. When Reese asked Carter where her son was and she said he was somewhere safe, I rolled my eyes. Typical TV contrivance to have a heretofore unmentioned relative or friend magically appear willing to house and feed her child, I thought. And again when she's on a one-man mission, despite having a team of proven honest and dependable people to rely upon. And again with the flashbacks seemingly showing her P.T.S.D.-plagued baby daddy's spiraling out to leave her to raise her son alone.But no, she doesn't try to do it all alone, and as a result succeeds in her task instead of dying an anonymous death. And her son isn't staying with some magically appearing friend or relative, he's staying with his father. Because, in a reveal that actually moved me, the flashbacks weren't the story of a man succumbing to his demons but rather a man overcoming his demons in order to fulfill his duties as a father.It was, in order words, a story of karma in which a good person reaps the rewards for leading a good life and surrounding herself with good people -- and a story in which bad people finally face the consequences for leading bad lives and surrounding themselves with bad people.Absolutely loved Enrico Colantoni's cameo as Elias.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
The Machine and Root will become more of a team.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/12/person-of-interest-michael-emerson-season-3/

Another interesting article in which a death of a cast member is going to happen this month. Fusco appears to be the unlucky one, but it could be somebody else like Carter too after last night's tease.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/person-of-interest-endgame-review
I truly enjoy Carter, hope it's not her. If it's Fusco, it will really piss me off. Not that he's that great of a character, but loads of previews that make it look very obvious it will be him.
Kind of like it's a "Survivor" preview, worthless. I'm guessing it's Shaw that will be leaving.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Just found the time to see the episode. It was very strong with Carter deciding to not have help and then have help back and forth. The flashbacks to her husband really worked well.

The previews for this arc keeping pointing to Fusco, but you never know. Part 2 looks like it will be quite intense. I wonder what kind of part Elias will play. And will Root be given a chance to help out?

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Since we know one of them is going my guess is Fusco. In fact I thought they had gotten rid of him before the season started because he was never shown in any of the late summer commercials advertsing the new season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks