What's new

Person of Interest Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I loved the glimpses of Fusco's "adventure". It was like there was a whole other episode going on "off-stage" and we only saw the parts that were relevant to the main story because they served to interrupt it. I'd love to see the flip-side of this one of these days, a la Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. :D Regards, Joe

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It made me think of "The Zeppo" episode of Buffy, but I guess it would be the reverse viewpoint.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Pure speculation regarding the direction the show takes, but I'll spoiler-ize it in case a) My speculation turns out to be true (and) b) Folks want to approach tonight's episode with as little fore-knowledge as possible.
Now that Annie Parisse is a regular on The Following (credited with 9 episodes in Season 1) I have a bad feeling that Kara Stanton will be exiting the Person of Interest universe very soon. I've seen this before. For instance; about a week after I saw ads for Mob Doctor featuring William Forsythe his character met an untimely end on Boardwalk Empire. Combined with the fact that she has placed herself in opposition to Reese and Snow I have a bad feeling about her character's mortality. I really hope I'm wrong because I would love the see the show continue to explore Reese's past with her in the pursuit of his former line of work. Hopefully she can continue to participate in both shows since she isn't a lead in either one.
- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Enjoyed the wrap-up of this particular storyline even if the writers had to manipulate the story to get Kara on the 21st floor with no problem.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
Enjoyed the wrap-up of this particular storyline even if the writers had to manipulate the story to get Kara on the 21st floor with no problem.
I don't recall any explanation of how she got up there so easily. It was a great episode and I think I'll hold onto it for reviewing sometime. I am sure that everyone here was expecting the final punch line of the episode, but it was nice to see the verification.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
I have a bad feeling about her character's mortality. I really hope I'm wrong because I would love the see the show continue to explore Reese's past with her in the pursuit of his former line of work. Hopefully she can continue to participate in both shows since she isn't a lead in either one.
The thing about a flashback-heavy show like "Person of Interest" is that even after a character is killed off, they can continue to appear in future episodes. Heck, Elizabeth Marvel's character Alicia Corwin was killed off in the first season finale, and yet she guest starred in tonight's episode.
MattH. said:
I don't really see the issue. She had a way into the building before calling in the bomb threat, she obviously already knew the elevator code since gave it to Reese and Snow, and Reese and Snow took out of all of the armed guards for her. They're whole mission was basically to get her into that room with the hard drive, even though they didn't know it.
NeilO said:
It was a great episode and I think I'll hold onto it for reviewing sometime. I am sure that everyone here was expecting the final punch line of the episode, but it was nice to see the verification.
I don't care if I see something coming, as long as the reveal doesn't rely on the surprise to be effective. In the case of the name, having Finch be the one who sold the laptop to the Chinese opens up so many story possibilities beyond one surprise reveal. For one thing, it begins to paint a picture of why he was so secretive about himself with Reese. And it raises two interesting questions: 1) What was on that laptop that the Machine was so afraid of?, and 2) Why would Finch sell it to the Chinese? Another interesting question: what happens when the countdown ends in five months' time? Based on the timeline subtitles, this episode took place in 2012, so the countdown has to end sometime fairly early in 2013. The preview for next week looks good: Liam McPoyle as the next Person of Interest!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The way this show is done, I wouldn't have been surprised(once the show was a "hit") if all of the "back scenes" involving Kara and Alicia were done middle of the first season. Heck, anything involving both(from now one) may have been taped all the same week and they are just splicing it in. The format of the show certainly lends itself to stuff being done months in advance of actual use. Also the reveal of Finch's name to Kara doesn't mean much(not in the sense she is dead). Finch doesn't have to know Kara and Reese were the two people sent. Granted...that is a huge happenstance if he doesn't know. But, the computer itself becoming sentient might have picked Kara and Reese to go in...for the simple fact the computer would know, without doubt, who it could trust...and then sent Finch to find Reese...once the computer vetted Reese(meaning the computer thought Reese or Kara could do the job Reese has...it just needed to figure out...one or the other).

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The thing about a flashback-heavy show like "Person of Interest" is that even after a character is killed off, they can continue to appear in future episodes. Heck, Elizabeth Marvel's character Alicia Corwin was killed off in the first season finale, and yet she guest starred in tonight's episode.
Oh yeah, I realize that we may see more flashbacks with Kara, Snow, Corwin, etc. given the nature of the show and its fragmented time-line. Kind of hated to see this one coming, but oh well. Despite Kara's ruthless nature I really liked the character and enjoyed the contrast between her and Reese. I thought there was more story potential to mine there. (And there still may be.) Interesting revelations regarding the laptop and Finch. I think I need to watch this episode again. I assume that the culmination of whatever was triggered by Kara will take place during the season two finale. Curious to see where they are going with this new thead. Kara's new employer reminded me quite a bit of John Neville's "The Well-Manicured Man" from the X-Files series with his attire and mannerisms. I'm sure this gentleman will taking on more importance as the show progresses down the new storyline. I enjoyed the contrast between Kara and Snow's approach to the job vs. Reese's conscience driven actions and ultimately how Reese's trust in others paved the way for his eventual rescue. - Walter.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Lenhardt said:
Another interesting question: what happens when the countdown ends in five months' time? Based on the timeline subtitles, this episode took place in 2012, so the countdown has to end sometime fairly early in 2013.
Well, the timeline indicated this occurred Nov 18, 2012. Five and a half months - that would put the countdown to end of April/early May. Hmmm - right about the time that most shows have their season finale. I did find it odd that this episode occurred in late 2012. Most of the time, the dates align with the air date. I wonder if the scheduling got redone, and this was originally going to air before the 'mid-season' break. David

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by MattH.
I had more of a problem with Agent Snow getting to her car before she can.
Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just remember, the Chinese giving Kara, Finch's name doesn't necessarily mean he's the one that sold the laptop. It could be the Chinese way of using Kara to eliminate Harold as a potential threat to their plans. Crawdaddy

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
I did find it odd that this episode occurred in late 2012. Most of the time, the dates align with the air date. I wonder if the scheduling got redone, and this was originally going to air before the 'mid-season' break.
I think it's because the timeline for the second season has been so condensed. From the first season finale through Reese's rescue of Finch in 2x02 was something like 72 hours in story time. The most recent run was even more tightly condensed; Reese was captured in 2x10 which aired on 12/13/12, and every episode from the end of that one to last night's episode (2x13) has picked up almost immediately from where the previous episode left off. From Reese's capture to Donnelly's death three episodes later was only a period of three or four days. Every so often, the show has a time jump of several weeks or even a couple months to bring the show's timeline back into rough alignment with the air date. But the story they've told recently hasn't permitted that. Now that this arc is over, I wouldn't surprised if there's a big time jump for next week's episode.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
David Weicker said:
Well, the timeline indicated this occurred Nov 18, 2012. Five and a half months - that would put the countdown to end of April/early May. Hmmm - right about the time that most shows have their season finale.
Yes, most certainly the countdown reveal will either be leading into a season finale arc or be the season finale itself.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Didn't Carter know a lot more about who t-boned her, Reese, and Donnelly than she should have since she appeared to be unconscious as Kara killed Donnelly and kidnapped Reese. I couldn't help but think that if this wasn't a TV show, Carter too would have been killed. Why would she not kill Carter? Also the good old fashioned staple of not killing our hero with a simple bullet when she didnt need him anymore but leaving him, and Snow, with their five minute opportunity to save themselves or do other damage. I'm glad this story arc is over and think, for the first time, that the story had too many moments not ringing true and too much happening to clean up so neatly for Carter. Now I imagine Root will be showing up any time.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Why would she not kill Carter?
I originally assumed (prior to last night's episode) that Kara did not kill Carter because she did not want to overly antagonize Reese. The assumption was that she needed him temporarily, but would later free him from her clutches (for old time's sake?) and would not want Reese seeking vengeance for Carter. But that breaks down once we know that she intended to kill Snow and Reese. Why not kill Carter and leave no witnesses? Was Carter unconscious when Kara injected Reese? If yes, then maybe Kara was only concerned with Donnelly because he was awake and could identify her. - Walter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Stanton was a professional. Donnelly had to die because his knowledge of Reese and his determination to bring Reese to justice would interfere with her mission. Carter did not pose a credible threat, so there was no point in shooting her. Stanton wasn't squeamish about killing, but nor was she sadistic. Killing was a means to an end.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I don't think Kara is dead. 1. She escaped the missile in China with apparent ease. I know she got hurt bad, but still... 2. Watching the surveillance footage of her car at the end, when the footage distorted, there are seven seconds missing from the time stamp on the footage. Plenty of time for her to escape the car blast.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Steve_Pannell
I don't think Kara is dead.
1. She escaped the missile in China with apparent ease. I know she got hurt bad, but still...
2. Watching the surveillance footage of her car at the end, when the footage distorted, there are seven seconds missing from the time stamp on the footage. Plenty of time for her to escape the car blast.
I think the street cameras would show her escaping, I was surprised they killed her after just one appearance.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Steve_Pannell said:
I don't think Kara is dead.
Since she made a move to the car door, I agree. Using TV logic, if she was dead, we'd have seen her just sitting there knowing that she was screwed and then they'd have cut away to people's reactions to the explosion or they would have had a line saying that they found two bodies in the car wrecakge.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by TravisR
Since she made a move to the car door, I agree. Using TV logic, if she was dead, we'd have seen her just sitting there knowing that she was screwed and then they'd have cut away to people's reactions to the explosion or they would have had a line saying that they found two bodies in the car wrecakge.
First off, she didn't make a move to the car door, but instead towards the back seat towards Snow. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure the FBI guy told Carter they identified the remains of Kara and Snow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks