What's new

Person of Interest Season 2 (1 Viewer)

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
On first viewing, I thought the romance episode was a little too mushy and silly but then I watched it again with my wife and the second time, it worked for me. The fight scene in the kitchen was fun and following Finch's courting of his lady was very nice.
This show has nice, understated humor without going too far. The writing is still top notch.
I'm guessing the show is done now until January. Anyone know when it will be back? I would think even Reese would have trouble getting away from the FBI now. We shall see.
In episode two, how did Carter explain to her superiors her trip to Texas and solving that cold case?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
"Why she went to Texas" was never explained to the "superiors"...
It sort of was, but talk about breezed over...it was. It was more or less "I'm leaving" and nobody questioned it...I'm sure there will be a deleted scene on the DVD/BD of the show...

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by stevelecher /t/323888/person-of-interest-season-2/60#post_4013806
I'm guessing the show is done now until January. Anyone know when it will be back? I would think even Reese would have trouble getting away from the FBI now. We shall see.
In episode two, how did Carter explain to her superiors her trip to Texas and solving that cold case?

I gotta say, I thought the climax was really funny but in an understated way: the lead FBI agent enthusiastically charges into the room thinking he's finally apprehended "the man in the suit", then finds he's got four men in suits and can't figure out which one is the man in question.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
An as-usual suspenseful and well paced episode, but dear lord! We're subjected to cliffhangers for almost every show at the end of every season. Do we now have to endure cliffhangers for midseason breaks, too? Don't worry, producers. I love the show and will be back when you come back with new episodes. No need to synthetically extend the tension this way.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
How will Reese get away? Here's my guess: As Donnelly is taking the four men in suits in, the FBI convoy is intercepted by more men in suits and all four escape. Reese's three co-prisoners, and the rescue team in suits are the part of the China backed merc group that Donnelly mentioned, possibly led by the English guy from a couple of episodes back or Stanton.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I just wanted to mention that this wonderful show and all of CBS' Thursday line-up airs new episodes on Thursday (tomorrow).

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Interestingly enough I haven't seen nor read anything about Thursday's episode that would point to a resolution for Reese. Will they let it play out over a few episodes? I guess we'll find out Thursday evening. - Walter.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
About tonight's episode - I must have missed something, but isn't that other drug dealer still after the kid?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Interesting episode almost completely without Reece. A change of pace to be sure, but I missed his participation. Thankfully, the case did depend more on what Finch can bring to the table. But FREE JOHN NOW!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Great Finch episode tonight, tying his mysterious past to the stone age of the Internet. Looks like next week's episode deals with the Reese problem.
NeilO said:
About tonight's episode - I must have missed something, but isn't that other drug dealer still after the kid?
I'm assuming that either Fusco brought the drug dealer in, or Finch bought off the drug dealer. EDIT: Last night's episode was the highest rated ever for the show

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Fusco's subplot was nothing, but the rest of the show delivered lots of suspense. I didn't buy Carter being so careless, however.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
While clearly not integral to the plot, I thought the snippets we saw of Fusco's adventure were really funny.
You had to laugh at them. Fusco really had an interesting time. I had thought that Kara Stanton was going to help him get out of jail or was going to appear when Donnelly suddenly confronted them. I did not expect her to arrive in a truck. Well done in giving us something we were expecting all episode but surprising us anyway.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If I were teaching a course called, "How to make a television episode", I'd build a class around this episode. Superb from start to finish. I loved the Fusco snippets; reminded me of the House episodes told from another character's point of view. Funny, dramatic, emotionally compelling. Just when you think the FBI guy's an idiot for not suspecting Carter, bam, you find out he's suspected her all along. And then one last surprise. I don't think any show subverts my expectations like this one. It's such a standard procedural on the surface, that I find myself led down the usual procedural path event when I know the show's turned the format on its head time and time again in the past. Loved the cameos from all of secondary players, too.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
TravisR said:
While clearly not integral to the plot, I thought the snippets we saw of Fusco's adventure were really funny.
I think that Finch was just giving something back to Fusco. Kind of like a late Christmas present.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
So, what is Kara's plan for John? Is John going to get a vest like Agent Snow? We already knew that Kara was fairly ruthless, but this episode certainly drove that point home. I'm guessing that the Aryan Brotherhood leader will eventually be seeing Mr. Reese again in the future and the outcome will be slightly different the next time. - Walter.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel
So, what is Kara's plan for John?
Is John going to get a vest like Agent Snow?
We already knew that Kara was fairly ruthless, but this episode certainly drove that point home.
I'm guessing that the Aryan Brotherhood leader will eventually be seeing Mr. Reese again in the future and the outcome will be slightly different the next time.
- Walter.
Kara is a stone cold assassin and she loves being one.
Crawdaddy

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Kara is a stone cold assassin and she loves being one. 
But she is the midst of getting some vengeance on the people who wanted her and John to kill each other and then would kill the survivor. It will be interesting to see what they have to say to each other. Next new set of episodes start January 31.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks