What's new

Person of Interest Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, I noticed the similarities to D.O.A. almost immediately. Still, enjoyable episode for sure. Glad Fusco got a reprieve.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Anybody know of a decent place to watch online?

Had a house guest who was watching basketball and figured out how to cancel all four shows I have in the scheduler(instead of getting their ass up and moving to one of the other 4 rooms in the house to watch).

CBS sees fit to not stream this one( :huh: )

On Sidereel looking for it and shows a few exterior sites...of course...none with reviews.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I don't know of any places to watch the show online. I've had to rely on written episode summaries when my DVR has failed on me.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Even though CBS airs the show, like all Bad Robot shows it is owned and produced by Warner Bros.

Warner Bros. has chosen not to make the show available for online streaming or download in the United States. It is available for download in many foreign markets.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Will Root help save the machine? There are hints to that or some other computer knowledge-based former POI helping the team save the machine from that virus.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I'm not sure what Finch did with the incoming phone call. He obviously directed the call to the phone Reese was able to pick up, but Root picked up hers first and was talking to someone / something as well. Did he actually set things up so the first call was a decoy?

Next week will be super interesting to say the least.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Super cool episode. I would have been satisfied if that had been the season finale but I'm glad I don't have to wait four months to see what happens next.

Cameron Yee said:
I'm not sure what Finch did with the incoming phone call. He obviously directed the call to the phone Reese was able to pick up, but Root picked up hers first and was talking to someone / something as well. Did he actually set things up so the first call was a decoy?
That's what I thought he did.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
It appeared that he split the line, so that the same incoming call was fed to both phones. So both Root and John answered, and it'll be interesting to see how the Machine breaks a tie.

I really liked how the flashbacks tied into the present day in a really thematic way. Harold wouldn't trust Nathan, and it got him killed. And now, at a crisis moment when faced with trusting his new partner John, he puts all of his eggs into that basket.
Matt Hough said:
And for a change I didn't loathe Root. I can't wait to find out how Finch outmaneuvered her.
I really enjoyed Root's attempts to reconcile her convoluted feelings about Reese. On one hand she likes to sneer and look down upon him and call him an ape and Finch's little pet. On the other hand, he's the only one who's ever outsmarted her, and he was the one who finally brought the perpetrator of her friend's murder to justice. He doesn't fit into her black and white jocks and nerds, brawn and brains view of the world. And so she tries to minimize and segregate the parts of him that she can't help but admire.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
With all the kudos here, why is the show losing steam in the ratings? As good as it is, is the show going out there a little far? Is the backstory getting to be too front and center, as opposed to the person of interest for the week? I think things may be getting a bit too fantastic, where it was just about perfect in Season one.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Adam Lenhardt said:
It appeared that he split the line, so that the same incoming call was fed to both phones. So both Root and John answered, and it'll be interesting to see how the Machine breaks a tie.
I considered that, but it seemed pretty clear that Root answered first and had finished talking by the time Reese picked up his.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Cameron Yee said:
I considered that, but it seemed pretty clear that Root answered first and had finished talking by the time Reese picked up his.
And what Reese heard seemed to be the actual Machine. Did we even hear what Root heard?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
And what Reese heard seemed to be the actual Machine. Did we even hear what Root heard?
No but the commercial for next episode essentially replayed that moment where she picks up the phone except it added the audio from John's phone call. I don't know if that's actually what will be in the episode or if it was creative license by the CBS promo department.

Steve_Pannell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
It may not mean anything but, the "voice" that Root heard in the promo for next week was different from the "voice" that Reese heard. The voice Reese heard was male-ish and the one Root heard was female-ish. May be creative license like you said.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Did anyone catch the show paying homage to North by Northwest? The ghost person Thornhill and the character that Cary Grant plays Thornhill. Although, the ghost is Kaplan in North by Northwest. Maybe just a coincidence?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks