What's new

Person of Interest Season 2 (1 Viewer)

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
Dave Scarpa said:
I just watched the Shaw episode and I like how they have more or less formed this team, with even Eddie as the Ambulence driver. I wonder if this show will eventually evolve into a more sci fi Skynet angle with both machines threatening to end the world. I can see it going in that direction kinda like Dollhouse did in Season 2
I like the team too and bet they'll all be used at the end of the season when Kara's virus hits the fan and Root and a couple other bad guys out there cause trouble. I hope it doesn't go too much more sci-fi. One of the things I loved in the first season was that in a weird way it was still all kind of believable. It was fantastic but still it was so smart and well written and borderline believable. A number of episodes this year, while entertaining, pushed too far from believability and into superhero/supervillian territory. I hope they can find and keep that good balance.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
That chameleon character was very interesting and I wish they could have expanded his story for one or two more episodes. I imagine Finch's many false identities have Social Security Numbers. It would be interesting if someone took over one of Finch's dormant identities and became a POI, with the machine giving Finch one of his own fake Social Security Numbers.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My DVR messed up and didn't record the last episode properly. I wish CBS and Warner would work out the licensing so recent episodes can be viewed online!

That said, I read the written episode synopsis and it didn't sound like a very critical episode. It even sounded a bit pedestrian.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
After the island mystery and a very run-of-the-mill Person of Interest in Atlantic City, it was nice to see the show refocus on the continuing story. Pretty much all of the storylines moved forward in an interesting way. I've been a fan of Tracie Thoms since "Wonderfalls", and it was nice to see her show up here. I also like the idea that Shaw sort of flits in and out of the story on the margins now.

I always like seeing them fail to save a person of interest in time, if only because in reality that would not be infrequent, and in this case it really had repercussions. Poor Carter finally has conclusive proof that Cal is clean, and then he's killed for it.

I was glad they a) we're afraid to make the Chinese government the bad guy, in an era where the major media companies are tripping over themselves to kowtow to China's censorship demands, and b) showed that the main threat any more doesn't come from countries but rather from anywhere at all.

Side note: did anyone else have problems with the picture tonight? When the show would first come back from commercials, it would look correct. But after a few seconds, it stretched horizontally so that the sides were cut off and everything looked distorted. It wasn't obnoxious enough to ruin the episode for me, but it was distracting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I didn't notice anything wrong with the picture. I like how Shaw is back because they need reinforcements due to fighting more than one enemy at the same time.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Lots of pieces moving forward now. I'm glad Finch finally understands the virus threat. And, putting Shaw on Amy Acker's trail is definitely an interesting way to combine the storylines.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Quentin said:
Lots of pieces moving forward now. I'm glad Finch finally understands the virus threat. And, putting Shaw on Amy Acker's trail is definitely an interesting way to combine the storylines.
I agree. Putting Shaw against Root is a great idea.

Enjoyed the episode very much.

Nothing wrong with the picture on my TV either.

stevelecher

Supporting Actor
Real Name
steve
This episode was awesome. Best one in quite some time. No preview tonight so I assume it's not on next week. Any ideas when it will return? What's the schedule for the rest of the year?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Matt Hough said:
When shows are this good, the season seems to fly by. Can't believe there are only three episodes left.
You got that right. I think the show was better this season than last year.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The writers have really done a magnificent job in lengthening and deepening the show's character mythology establishing these really rich relationships and plugging into their weekly adventures when needed.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode was the best one since "Relevance."

The A plot with the doctor given a death sentence by radiation poisoning, the latest PoI the Machine didn't give them enough warning on, was excellent. When I saw Dennis Boutsikaris was playing the doctor, I knew we were in for a treat since he's done great work in a small supporting role on "Shameless." The idea of a walking breathing PoI that was already murdered was a really interesting spin on the concept, and how the doctor chose to use his last 24 hours was very well-rendered. A balance between trying to achieve peace in his own life and seeking revenge on his murderers. His conversation with his daughter was perfect: he didn't use his impending death to try and garner sympathy, he didn't swing for the fences, he just saw where the chasm between them was deepest and told his daughter the things he wasn't sure she knew before he died: that she was loved, and that he was proud of her. And then, once the billionaire trader was successfully poisoned, he sat down to sip his favorite drink and fade out of the world taking in an idyllic panorama.
The B plot was also well done, with us understanding how the Fusco we know today could end up doing what he was doing when he crossed Reese's path in the pilot. The ending, with Carter walking out of the station tracking dirt on her shoes with Reese and Finch's highly trained dog, was quite the moment of revelation. She basically made the same decision Fusco did at the beginning, to put her loyalties above her morals. It really showcased how far the character's come.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Great episode last night as the arcs of a couple of characters have interwined. I really hope by the time this season is completed, they can bring some closure to certain plot elements. I'm sick and tired of the HR scheme. I guess the Machine being in constant danger will be part of the plot until the series in over with, but it would be nice if one of the threats to the Machne is dealt with this month.

I see Shaw is back next week, hopefully, they'll be able to fully integrate her character into the series going forward as a part of the team.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Great episode last night as the arcs of a couple of characters have interwined. I really hope by the time this season is completed, they can bring some closure to certain plot elements. I'm sick and tired of the HR scheme. I guess the Machine being in constant danger will be part of the plot until the series in over with, but it would be nice if one of the threats to the Machne is dealt with this month.
I think the show has demonstrated that certain aspects of the universe of POI are here to stay in one form or another. Threats to The Machine are going to be a constant and I suspect that the show will have a cliffhanger ending involving the the current threat; which will subsequently be resolved in the opening weeks of Season 3 in the fall. At least based on how they handled the transition from seasons one to two.

Easily one of the better episodes with the POI spin on D.O.A. Excellent back story with Carter making the same hard decisions that Fusco made nearly a decade ago. Nice job by the writers showing the effects of The Machine being compromised with the failures to save last night's victim and Beecher in the prior episode along with the much more frequent glitches on the screen, culminating in the status screens at the finale of the episode.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks