What's new

Perfect "family" casting (1 Viewer)

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
As I was watching "First Daughter" about a week ago, I was awestruck at how much Katie Holmes resembles Margaret Colin, the actress who played her mother in the film (Michael Keaton as her presidential dad...eh...not so much).

While it's rather easy to point out miscast "family members," (I'm sure Angelina Jolie and Colin Farrell as mother and son in ALEXANDER immediately springs to mind), can anyone think of other films where you could actually BELIEVE the cast was a real family?

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
David Wenham and Sean Bean are very believable as brothers in Lord of the Rings, especially in the extra Osgiliath flashback scene of the extended edition Two Towers DVD.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I thought Aidan Quinn looked like a good fit for Anthony Hopkins' son in Legends of the Fall.

And although they pointed out that they didn't look alike in the film, I thought Owen Wilson looked like Bill Murray (similar profiles) in The Life Aquatic. :)

AlexCremers

Second Unit
Not so much by their physical appearances but I truly 'believed' the family as portrayed in 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial'.

To me "perfect casting" also means that the chemistry between the members of the family has to be right. Physical resemblance only will get you so far.

------------
Alex Cremers

PeterTHX

Senior HTF Member
"On Golden Pond" :D

Well, what about "Wall Street" then?

Or "It Runs in the Family"???

TV has it better.

The "Alias" family, Jennifer Garner being the daughter of Lena Olin & Victor Garber is perfect. Mia Maestro as her half-sister is also believable.

David Hyde-Pierce as Kelsey Grammer's brother is uncanny.

The day casting agents decide to cast Leelee Sobieski as Helen Hunt's younger sister will be an easy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks