1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect "family" casting

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Don Giro, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Don Giro

Don Giro Supporting Actor

Don
    As I was watching "First Daughter" about a week ago, I was awestruck at how much Katie Holmes resembles Margaret Colin, the actress who played her mother in the film (Michael Keaton as her presidential dad...eh...not so much).

While it's rather easy to point out miscast "family members," (I'm sure Angelina Jolie and Colin Farrell as mother and son in ALEXANDER immediately springs to mind), can anyone think of other films where you could actually BELIEVE the cast was a real family?

2. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

On Golden Pond?

3. Haggai

Haggai Producer

David Wenham and Sean Bean are very believable as brothers in Lord of the Rings, especially in the extra Osgiliath flashback scene of the extended edition Two Towers DVD.

4. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    I thought Aidan Quinn looked like a good fit for Anthony Hopkins' son in Legends of the Fall.

And although they pointed out that they didn't look alike in the film, I thought Owen Wilson looked like Bill Murray (similar profiles) in The Life Aquatic. [​IMG]

5. AlexCremers

AlexCremers Second Unit

Not so much by their physical appearances but I truly 'believed' the family as portrayed in 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial'.

To me "perfect casting" also means that the chemistry between the members of the family has to be right. Physical resemblance only will get you so far.

------------
    Alex Cremers

6. PeterTHX

PeterTHX Cinematographer

"On Golden Pond" [​IMG]

Well, what about "Wall Street" then?

Or "It Runs in the Family"???

TV has it better.

The "Alias" family, Jennifer Garner being the daughter of Lena Olin & Victor Garber is perfect. Mia Maestro as her half-sister is also believable.

David Hyde-Pierce as Kelsey Grammer's brother is uncanny.

The day casting agents decide to cast Leelee Sobieski as Helen Hunt's younger sister will be an easy one.