What's new

Penn and Teller: Bulls***! Season Three (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I actually believe Bigfoot does (or did) exist, but I would welcome a debunking by P&T. Sooner or later this show is guaranteed to challenge something you feel strongly about, and that's one of its strengths.

Definitely looking forward to "Conspiracy Theory." As a former boss of mine once told me, humankind has tended to fall back on conspiracy as a means of explaining things it doesn't understand, from why the sun rises in the morning to why this or that election turned out the way it did. I love the movie "JFK," but I don't believe a second of it. Bring it on.

Rich, I agree that "Bullshit!" is definitely Showtime's most original "original" show.

"Hypnosis" was indeed a rerun from S2. Definitely check out the earlier seasons on DVD. In addition to "Eat This!", the episode on bottled water is another memorable one.

--Jefferson Morris

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info... I had no idea these were on DVD (nor that it already had two seasons under its belt)!

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
If you're new to the show, wanting to see more, and your cable co has VOD, check the Showtime offerings - On our cable system, we currently have a healthy handful of S1 episodes available for on-demand viewing.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Enjoyed the Family Values one, but is it me or does the show seem less "scientific" than when it first started? I mean even though I agreed with their position on this issue, their whole case was based on anecdotal "evidence."

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Well there were "experts" for both sides but neither of them were giving hard numbers. However I was interested in the marrying for love aspect and would have liked to hear some more about that.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it isn't as hard core about the science aspect (some of the better science-proves-they are wrong eps: PETA, Recycling, etc.)

But still entertaining ;)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
I largely agreed with their position too, but also agree with Mike that it wasn't as wholly persuasive as some episodes.

I'd be very interested in seeing if that quadruple-couple is still together in another year or so. I mean, it seems like a good deal for the husband and wife - they both have an extra lover to balance things out. But for that extra boyfriend and girlfriend, they're still in the traditional "triangle."

Generally speaking, I suspect that inviting a third (or fourth) party into a relationship is a sign that the first relationship is on the skids. Or so Dr. Drew always said on Loveline.

--Jefferson Morris

Chris

Senior HTF Member

Then again, my wife & I have friends who have lived in a quad (and were married together in a strange, non-legal ceremony, and all co-own a large house in St. Louis) who have lived together for about 4 years now, but have been together longer then that.

I would still call that the exception to the rule, but some do make it work.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Of course, but, the quad relationship was an attempt to mend a problem, and so far it appears to be doing its job. All relationships have problems, the key is to find a way to make them work. This was their way. Right now, this relationship is working. Who am I to judge?

Another great P&T Episode is "Profanity".

I own both seasons on dvd (season 2 seems really cheaply made to me) But these are great dvd's to own, if not just to start up a conversation or debate during a gathering at your house. Very entertaining stuff. Seriously, now that Showtime cancelled Dead Like Me, its one of the only things I watch on Showtime.
Dont forget, new episode on tonight. "Conspiracy Theories"

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Apparently, they found a bar full of them.

I have one question. Just how long has Vincent Bugliosi been working on his JFK assassination book? I thought he started it in response to Stone's movie. That's 14 years ago!! S*** or get off the pot, Vince!

I loved this episode because they dealt with the three fields of conspiracy theories (U.S. faked 9/11, Moon Landing faked, JFK killed by conspiracy) that just frost me. I enjoyed seeing them get worked over almost as much as I enjoyed seeing PETA get the Bulls***! treatment.

And the pink pillbox hat on the second melon? Nice touch. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

It was my impression the two "extras" were not exclusive with one of the married people. The women, at least, seemed very... er... friendly in the jacuzzi scene. I figure everyone does everyone.

For some reason my recording of the Conspiracy Theory episode cut off while they were on JFK. Was there anything after that?

How is it that for every type of crackpot they want to display they find a radio DJ?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Not really. It re-airs on Friday, I think, if you want to catch the end.

My experience is that Bulls*** tends to start late and run long, so I usually pad my recording with a couple extra minutes at the end.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
  1. Snuff films (many books have been written and politicians have been voted into office based upon their opposition to snuff films, yet they do not exist)
  2. Satanic ritual abuse (despite what you heard on Geraldo back in the 80s, there is no evidence that satanic cults perform human sacrifice)
  3. Eyewitness accounts (juries consider this the most daming evidence in a criminal trial, yet judges and attorneys know it is the LEAST RELIABLE type of evidence there is)
  4. Eating pop rocks and drinking soda at the same time makes your stomach explode (it may be difficult to stretch this topic out to 30 minutes) :)[/list=1]

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Doesnt TLC or Discovery have a show about this stuff? Ive seen it done before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks