What's new

Pearl Harbor "Upgrade Promotion" (1 Viewer)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I was scanning through the Image site for new announcements and found the listing for new features. Yes, information that we have all seen before, but there is something new.
Not that I wasn't going to buy it anyway, but this may persuade a few more people to pick up the Vista Series.
-Chad

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this mentioned in Sunday's Best Buy circular. Does anybody know the details? Is it the standard "send a proof of purchase tab", or do you need to return the previous disc for a rebate? I was considering selling my original version in favor of the new one but need to know if I should remove a tab first. Anybody?

Thanks-

Jimmy

Jimmy Nugent

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up!

In the 2 years I've been perusing here I don't believe I've ever been to that section. I'm on my way...

J

Christopher D

Second Unit
It's an easy deal. The only thing you need to send from the original is either the PoP tab *or* just a photocopy of the back cover. From the Vista edition, you need an original rebate certificate, the PoP tab, and a copy of your receipt.

I ordered this from Wal-Mart.com -- with the deal it should net out around $12, which is worth it for the new supplements alone. Plus, Jennifer Garner is in this movie. :b

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
We should somehow congratulate Buena Vista on this great breakthrough. To my knowledge, this has never been done with a DVD, and possibly never with an LD. I think that all studios should provide some type of incentive for their customers when they "double-dip" and buy a re-release of a movie that they already own. Way to go BV!!!
And to answer other peoples questions, you take the coupon from the Vista Series, put the little proof of purchase tabs on it, and mail it away and get your $10 check probably 6-8 weeks later! :)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
We should somehow congratulate Buena Vista on this great breakthrough. To my knowledge, this has never been done with a DVD, and possibly never with an LD.
Actually, Buena Vista has been doing this for a while, mostly with the animated DVDs. I think it was originally a pre-emptive strike against a class-action suit from people who bought their animated movies on VHS with advertising that implied it would not be available again anytime soon; I agree that it's a terrific policy that all studios who do a re-issue within 1-2 years should implement.

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
So we have to cut the proof of purchase from the new Pearl Harbor box? What's the point of making this great folding cardboard case and then make us destroy it for a rebate?

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dan.

My original Pearl Harbor is from one of the two-packs (it was Remember the Titans in my case) and it has a "Not Labelled For Individual Sale" stick over the barcode. Think that'll cause a problem?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
it has a "Not Labelled For Individual Sale" stick over the barcode. Think that'll cause a problem?
I don't think you need to send the barcode. I think all they want are the little proof-of-purchase tabs that are usually lining the inside spine of the case or printed on the corner of the booklet/insert.

Michael Moulton

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the proof of purchase tab on the original Pearl Harbor (the cardboard/plastic case) is on the back... could be _very_ hard to remove. Maybe that's why they say a photocopy of the back is acceptable.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
my PH comes with a little piece of paper inside that is a proof of purchase and says "tear off proof of purchase tab and use with offer"

but the paper is small enought that i'll just send the whole thing.

Users who are viewing this thread