What's new

Pearl Harbor Subtitles were too small (1 Viewer)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I guess by keeping the subtitles as-is they were trying to retain the artistic integrity of the movie. Oh wait, did I mention Pearl Harbor and artistic integrity in the same sentence?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........seriously, there is no better way to urinate on the sunken grave of those who gave their lives at Pearl Harbor than to make their plight the backdrop for a sub-daytime soap love story. I must admit though, I picked this up for my wife as a birthday present (she loves it) watched it for its only redeeming 30 minutes, and the attack sequence does sound great in both DD and DTS flavors.

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
WAY TOO SMALL!! I had to pause (or reverse and pause as they flipped by so friggin' fast) and actually move closer to the tv to read them. Just another reason to get a higher res. tv I guess :D

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
The font style was probably what made it very hard to read.

It was a serif font, which should only be used in body text of articles in magazine, books, newspapers, etc. They are easier to read at a close distance. An example of serif fonts are Times New Roman and Bookman.

Sans serif fonts, such has Arial, are considered "display fonts" because they are much easier to read from long distances.

One thing that I DID like about the subtitles....they were actually within the 2.35:1 "display" area of the screen...

I HATE IT when they electronically generate the subtitles and place them inside the letterbox.

For one thing, it draws attention to the letterbox...for another thing, I use mattes on my 30" TV, so I can't see them when they do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks