What's new

PC to Mitsubishi Rear Projection (1 Viewer)

DrSteve

Agent
Real Name
Steve
Hi,

I have a PC with S video, DVI and VGA outputs (1 of each), plus a single output for the sound card (standard 9mm jack) and firewire. I would like to connect the PC to my Mitsubishi Diamond series rear projection TV, which has component inputs, VGA and firewire. Distance between the two is around 40 feet once you take into account obstacles.

What is the best way to connect the two? I am not looking for a media PC, I just want to be able to play downloads or in progress home movies on the TV without having to burn it to a disc first.

Cheers!

Steve

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Does your Mits have HDMI inputs? If not you can get a dongle that goes from DVI to component and S-Video. An example of this is here and here.

Zembonez

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Once you get a video feed from the DVI or S Video output, you'll still need to address the problem of no sound (simple patch cable from sound card). For wiring simplicity I'd consider installing the PC near the monitor and going with a wireless KB/M that you can operate from across the room.

I agree that DVI converted to component should be the best way to go.

Modify

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike

Curious what you ended up doing with your setup as I'm in the same boat.

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65311 65", and have purchased the DVI to Component adapter off of Ebay, and can only get mine to output in grey and white with a tint of orange. My TV's resolution never changes from 480i, no matter what resolution I choose in my display settings.

Please tell me what video card you are using, what model of TV do you have, and if you got yours working?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks