What's new

PC display on my HDTV? (1 Viewer)

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator
I want to be able to display my pc picture (for pc games) on my samsung 30" widescreen tube hdtv. I am using an ATI radeon 9700 pro all-in-wonder. My graphics card does have s-video out but it looks horrible on my tv. and i know to use dvi you need a display like plasma or lcd. My tv only has component inputs and i found at cablesamerica.com a vga-to-component cable. Would this bring good quality picture to my tv set from my pc? or will it still look crappy like my current s-vid hookup?

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator
ok i kinda answered my own question. the cablesamerica site said it will not work connected to a pc. but I did find that ATI does offer a component video cable adapter for display on any hd capable tv. does anyone have this and if so is it worth a try? also if anyone knows if i can have both my pc monitor and tv going at the same time with this.

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
I use the component video adapter and it works fine. However, you are locked into a few set resolutions with it (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i). Yes, you can watch it on the TV and computer monitor at the same time.

CJ

BrianEK

Stunt Coordinator
cj, how is the picture quality? do games look as good as on the pc monitor? or at least better than ps2?

Cornelius

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry, I don't play games on the computer, but the screen, internet, and ripped movies look great. It's much better than any s-video output I've seen from a computer. Take a look over at www.avsforum.com. Lots of gamers using the component adapter over there.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks