What's new

PB2 in Da House! (1 Viewer)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Guys, due to school being out and my wife being a teacher it is hard to find a moment to run my system at reference level. She is home more than usual. The timing stinks:angry: I did get to play Eagles Hell freezes over DVD and have to say the PB2 hit each bass note with clarity and glad to say no overhang that I could detect at -18db's. Very accurate and percussive!:emoji_thumbsup: Hotel California has sounded the best I have ever heard it except for the live concert I was lucky enough to be at at Red Rocks in Colorado. I thought the Servo 15 was accurate and quick and had my doubts about a ported sub. My mind is changed. It is truly HT heaven for me this week with the MC-8 and the PB2 showing up within days of each other. I will give a full review in the next few weeks as time permits.
Steve

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Both Tom and I go thru lighbulbs in and around our HT's at a VERY rapid clip (the filaments just don't seem to like intense bass no matter how low in distortion it is)
Ron, I've had good luck with the Phillips long life bulbs (they are made for areas w. vibration and moisture).

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
After I got my 20-39CS+, within about a month I had replaced all the bulbs near my living room with those fluorescents that fit in regular light bulb sockets. No filament = no vibration problems. They cost a bit more but they last for years and don't use as much power. At least... that was the excuse I used.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Steve: we are in the same boat.. My wife and kids last day in school are today... Bummer.. I don't have to work every weekday as I work weekends at times and really like that time by myself to crank things. I have not got my PB2 yet but am awaiting.. Guess I'll just have to kick them out of the house for the day!!!!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

Or have them stand out in the front yard, crank up the sub and get their reactions of the bass standing outside the theater.

When I crank up mine my wife will tell me she can feel the bass out in the street as she is getting out of the car.

People we want pictures of setups. I know that a lot of you are experiencing the affects of low vibrationism but that is no excuse to no not let us see pictures of cracked foundations, windows, dead squirrels out in the yard...you get my meaning.

Parker

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I will get pics this Saturday and post them. It just gets better!;) The new L7 on the MC-8 is fantastic at controling the bass and with the PB2 its a double dip!
Steve

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I am already afraid to stand outside. I took one of the upstairs bedrooms and muffled all the walls and floor with soundproofing as my teenager has decided he wanted to play in a band. (Hes a drummer). It works good. Cant hear much of anything in the house but its a different story outside. Not bad mind you but the neighbors do look at me kind of weird sometimes and I am very sensitive to that. I plan on being here longer than my kids so getting along with the neighbors means alot. Cant wait for the PB2 to see how much more in the dog house I can get.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

The added side benefit is when the rolling bassheads drive by you can blow them off the road. You will become that neighborhood hero by cleaning your streets of the drive by boomers. Also, if your son gets a little out of line with his band you can always put on something that will go right through the soundproofing and knock him off his chair. Talk about a real kick in the ass.

The other side effect that I would worry about though is that you might just get enough of a punch one day that it would be similar to a cardic thump and your heart would stop. It would be cool though if you have a friend come over that suffers a heart attack you could always turn on the sub and save his life. :)

All kidding aside. Enjoy your new found bass.

Parker

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
Parker pretty funny... Might be me with the heart attack though... Part of the reason I have so much free time is I am home alot (only working partially) due to an adrenal problem (currently in testing process to see if its a bad tumor) and it makes my heart race a million miles a minute... Maybe the new loud thumping will giggle it back to normal.. now that would be a good thing for SVS. Lets get them into the medical field as well.... hahahaha.... Thanks for your post it was a good one.

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Pictures..pretty please?!?!

Also, more performance insights and comparisons to the other SVS products.....

Awaiting my PB2 Sub (weeks away)
Ron

Tim Schwartz

Agent
Yes, I'm in the same boat as Ron. PB2+ on order, but want to hear more about the units already received. Some of you guys have had yours for almost a week. I sure would like to see more performance reviews and spl/frequency data telling us what these things can really do.

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
I also have one on pre-order and probably won't have it for another couple weeks.

Some of you guys have had yours for almost a week. I sure would like to see more performance reviews and spl/frequency data telling us what these things can really do.
Come on guys! We need pictures too. :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Tim/Derek>> I started a Thread a week or so ago looking for input/suggestions in regards to a comparison of the PB2+ and duel 25-31 CS+'s. I run a duel 25-31 CS+ config now and I have the PB2+ on order so I thought it would be fun to do a light non professional ( Beyond me) comparison. Since the PB2+ will perform closely to duel 25-31 CS+'s. You are really in for a treat I can tell you when you receive your new sub. No hype here! Its all true.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
I sure would like to see more performance reviews and spl/frequency data telling us what these things can really do.
Hi Tim:

My PB2+ is due late this week (if the sub Gods smile upon me and SVS).

I have an extensive review lined up with no less than seven in-room FR sweeps for different states of tune, at least eleven DVDs with SPL peaks/time stamps, and several subjective music evaluations.

Aside from THD measurements (I'm working on it, but it won't be ready for the PB2+), this review will be as complete as I can make it.

Regards,

Ed

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Steve:

Have you had a chance to take those pics of your wonderful sub? If so, could you be so kind as to post them?

Thanks!!!
Ron "drooling and waiting for mine" Boster

Derek Iverson

Stunt Coordinator
I'll take pictures when I get mine! Tom said that mine should ship out by next Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks