1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

PB12/Plus2 vs PB12 Ultra2

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike Sloan, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Well-Known Member

With the improved drivers (12.3) in the PB12-Plus/2...I am wondering if there is a significant improvement in quality when stepping up to the PB12-Ultra/2. Prior to the 12.3 upgrade....the consensus was the Ultra gave a small, but noticeable improvement.....now I am wondering if the gap has narrowed so as to make the difference inconsequential? Any ideas form the SVS aficionados out there?

2. SethH

SethH Well-Known Member

Do a search on the forum. Either Ron or Tom has addressed this question at some point on this forum.

IIRC, the response was that the 12.3 has brought the Plus driver very close to the Ultra, but that the Ultra was still top dog at SVS.

My personal opinion -- I would either get the Plus or hang on for a couple months to see if they announce a new Ultra driver.

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Well-Known Member

Hi Mike

SethH has this exactly right. Long story short, Plus/2 is much more band for the buck... the new Ultra driver is probably going to be 14 inches and a real improvement over either model now available...there are other brands that can compete with the Plus/2...if you want to know more, please send me a Private Message...hint...HSU

Happy Holidays