What's new

PB10-ISD is Shipping!! (1 Viewer)

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: I bet you needed to remind yourself that it was your Father asking the question Eric.

It's sort of aiken to a guy asking if he puts air in his 4 flat tires will he notice a difference?

I was asked the very same a month ago when I set up a 25-31CS+ for a friend who was running a old Kenwood HTiB (sub) in a 13 X 16 X 8' HT. He'll never ask that again after experiencing the difference I tell you.

Dual Ultras> :cool:

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
If I remember right you had 3 25/31 CS+. Don't think I haven't thought of adding a third or fourth Ultra. ;) Not that I need it!

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator

Hey Bert,

I have a SW60 (only 1x7) - and like John said - the PB10 made that thing sound like a child's toy. There really is no comparison.

It's funny - I hooked up the sub and thought I didn't hear much difference at all. Duh - realized the gain was at the minimum. So I dialed it up to about 50% and BOOM! Take it from me - be careful out there - this thing could hurt someone.

Seriously, though, you will tell a big difference.

It is bigger, though. About twice as big. Not as tall, but overall, twice as large. I took a picture of the PB10 in it's packing crate and the SW60 in it's box - and even that made the SW60 look like a toy. I'll have to bring it up to show everyone. But I got the white one, and we happened to have a nice spot for it so it really wasn't an issue. Of course, I originally wanted a 25-31 PCi, and when I showed a picture of it to my wife, she simply said "you can't be serious." So this is a big improvement in WAF over that one.

Now the only WAF concern is that it plays too loud. But that's more of an operator issue. ;)

Brandon

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
If I remember right you had 3 25/31 CS+. Don't think I haven't thought of adding a third or fourth Ultra. Not that I need it!
__________________________________________________ _____

Well now that I have the PB10-ISD, I didn't see any reason to keep them around:) When it's all said and done I can see 4 dB drivers sitting in the corner with-in some kind of B4+ offering now that you presented the challenge. I could pick up another PB12-Ultra/2 instead?....... Yes I agree> We definitely don't need it and I have neighbors who would gladly pay me to stop this house shaking hobby of mine. Bet you do to?

What did you think of that packing job Brandon? I don't see how it could have been done any better short of putting it in a wood crate.

Brandon:W

Stunt Coordinator

Steve, I have to agree with you. It's packaged really well. There was a big dent in the side of the box, but not a scratch on the sub.

I took a picture of the new PB10 box next to the old SW60 box.

As they say - case closed.

Brandon

Eric Hargrove

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. Definitely dwarfs the Yamaha box. My dad's going to be surprised when he sees it.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
Thanks for the picture.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My SW500 was probably about twice the size of that 60, and still half the size of the PB10 :)

Got my tracking number today :D:emoji_thumbsup:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Will do.

I noticed the shipping weight is 75lbs. That's about 15lbs of shipping material if this thing weighs about 60lbs. That's almost what my two main speaker's shipping weight was. Did I mention they are bookshelf speakers? The audition pair were right around 100lbs shipped (wood crate).

anyone want to buy a VTF-2 :D

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Nice pic Brandon and thanks for sharing. May I add beautiful house also!:b I really need to get off my duff and get pic capable. (Robb are you around?):) What the pic doesn't show is, it is double boxed with more than adequate protective measures inside.

>>>anyone want to buy a VTF-2

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Need harder cash than that haha
__________________________________________________ ___

In hindsight John, that was not my best joke. I don't think you took me wrong though. The things people/I say sometimes.:rolleyes

I just finished watching LOTR-Return of the King at -17 (Full bit-rate remember) and what a ride. The PB10-ISD held true all the way through. A movie that can be rather demanding of a sub. All low Hz material was performed with ease and authority not to mention the quality of sound. I still keep scratching my head regarding the performance this unit exhibits for the $$.

MikeCocc

Agent
Got my tracking number today

I also got my tracking number on the 9th...

Much to my surprise when I looked this morning ( the 10th ) to see if they have an actual delivery date it said:

Tomorrow ( the 11th )...

Absolutely awesome. Now I just have to figure out how to be home to take delivery ( I'm supposed to work ). I think I'm going to call UPS and ask them if they can tell me around what time my package will be delivered...

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I used to be this excited about equipment...not sure what happened. Anyway, SVS is one of the only things I've bought that exceeded my hype for it.

-ELmO:emoji_thumbsup:

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

I took a couple of PTO days from work and , ... my wife when shopping after showing property.

Have fun guy's! I still do!!! :)

The last Friday NITE DVD (10/29) was "The Day After Tomorrow" @ -10 dB below REF Level (approx. 105-106 dB+ fast sub-sonic pant leg moving SPL LFE @ all my seating locations) and my larger than usual crowd of friends & family (13 in attendance that night) loved the sound, the movie & CGI! They all clapped when the credits rolled!!! :b

This Friday NITE DVD is "Shrek 2"! Should be a most glorious event!!!

Phil

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm trying to figure out what the first flic I will watch with this thing is...Hmmmmm U-571, TS2, one of the LOTR EEs, The Haunting (ES)...decisions, decisions. I have some time though, mine is scheduled for delivery next week.

The VTF-2 is already tenatively sold, so I was actually joking as well :D

Despite all the $$ Shrek2 has pulled in, I liked the first one better. Hey Phil, you can drop by whenever you have time to give it a listen :)

Mike:H

Auditioning
For those of you receiving your tracking number now when did you place your order? I placed mine on the 31st.

Also, does anyone have any advice on placing the PB10 in the back corner of a room? Do you think this would jeopardize performance?

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
sit it in a corner that's all, i don't think you'll hear much difference (dependign on room size) if it's in the front or rear. I'm putting mine in the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks