What's new

PATTY DUKE SHOW - Coming in September (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Per TVShowsonDVD.com "The Patty Duke Show" is coming on September 29th courtesy of Shout! Factory. Unbelievable.

Gary "Shout really is full of surprises these days" O.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
It's currently showing on a local affiliate of Thistv on digital cable, so I'm assuming Shout will have access to good prints for this release. I would expect something closer to the Peyton Place release than Rhoda or Room 222.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

I've watched some episodes on World Harvest TV recently as well and thought the show looked great. I would anticipate nice prints too.

Gary "nice to see this series finally being released" O.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Amazing! Shout! is currently putting out all the shows that we here on this forum used to say would never get released...!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Now I wonder if the next thing we hear is that DENNIS THE MENACE will be coming soon. Wouldn't be a surprise to me, unless there's some hold up with legalities because of the comic strip.

The only thing I hope is that Shout is able to continue to release shows they have out right now. I'd hate for them to stop releasing something like FKB simply because they have too many oars in the water. As long as they can keep up this pace and it doesn't adversely affect current releases, I'm pleased as punch.

Gary "The Patty Duke Show has always been underrated, IMHO" O.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Good news! Hopefully the Shout set will have nice, unedited prints, something with Shout that isn't always a given...

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member

The current elements of the show that are airing are remastered and look nice. No reason to believe Shout wouldn't have access to them.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I wish, just once, I could read an announcement on TVShowsOnDvd and not have to worry about something.

The article says the first season had 36 episodes, but the quoted press release says: "Features 26 episodes on a 6-DVD set."

Now, I know that can be merely a typo for 36, especially considering that 36 is evenly divisible by the 6 DVDs, giving us 6 episodes per disc.

However, the article also says there were 104 episodes in total -- and 26 is 104 evenly divided by 4 -- which means they might be planning to divide the series up into 4 sets, rather than 3.

So, here I am again, left hanging [although I do believe (and hope) the 26 is a typo.]

It's still unexpected good news, of course!

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris

Right after I received this news about The Patty Duke Show, my next thought was just like yours, John. I hope Shout does this right.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

I just got done collecting That Girl from Shout! and they usually yeilded 6 episodes per DVD on those sets (and were full seasons). I have little doubt that it is a typo.

rcbrad

Agent
Real Name
Rick

I noticed the same thing when I read 26 first season episodes?? It could easily be a typo. I sure hope that it is.

Gene M

Stunt Coordinator
Finally!!! Yesss! can't wait for it! knock on wood and hope everything goes smoothly!!

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I don't believe Shout has any history of dividing up season sets so I'm not at all worried. I'm quite confident that's just a typo and we will get the complete 1st season.

Gary "kinda surprised we are getting news of this with the release date being so far off yet" O.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
This is a show I watched in syndication and wouldn't mind seeing it on DVD. It doesn't make sense for Shout! to release a 6 disc set with mostly only 4 episodes per disc so this is most likely a typo. I wouldn't worry too mcuh about the quality of the prints either since this is an MGM show & not Fox. MGM tends to treat their older shows better then Fox. It would be nice if they could give the remaining seasons of Flipper to Shout!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll give my usual response...

I'm glad to see this is coming, I'll buy it if the episodes are uncut, but it will go straight to ALF/Rhoda Hell and I will never see it if the episodes are syndicated prints.

So, here's hoping Shout is able to get all of the proper materials to do this release right!

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
This caught me absolutely flat-footed and I'm both shocked and very pleased.

Patty Duke is one of the VERY few shows (along with Dennis and Lassie) that the fiance actually has requested if it ever comes out on DVD and I was thrilled to tell her it's finally on it's way. Plus, given Shout and it's turn-around ratio, we could have Patty done by this time next year.

Gotta tell you guys, between this, the effort they're putting into Transformers and Joe and the upcoming releases for MST3K et al, Shout! is rapidly becoming my go-to company and in my opinion, a big time player in the TV-on-DVD game.

Now, if they could just get their hands on some of the stuff that Sony has abandoned, then we might really be cooking.

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

I have heard of clear, uncut masters being shown on MeTv and the other network mentioned here. So, I am sure all will be well.

I will be glad with even the quality of release that we got for That Girl. The transfers on That Girl are definitely not state of the art (look like good 80's or 90's pre HD transfers) but they are nice and uncut (although I have heard speculation that a couple shows on the fifth season are edited because they are a bit shorter. I haven't seen the shows in question yet for myself).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks