What's new

passport renewal of expired passport (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Does anybody know if I can do this by mail. I have a passport (10 year version) that is expired, maybe 3-4 years ago that I'd like to renew, can I still do this by mail? http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html The above seems to indicate that I can, since the passport is in excellent shape and i believe I satisfy the requirements about 15 years and I was over 16. I will check tonight to see when it was issued... Jay

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Sounds like you can renew by mail, which is how I did it. That's assuming you are not in a hurry to get it.

I don't think when it expired or issued are much of an issue. At least, it wasn't in my case when I had to get a new few years ago.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ack, looks like the passport was issued in May'1996 (I still wore glasses!!!) so looks like I'm a few months outside 15 years. Damm, I thought I applied much later than that... Oh well. I don't need it soon anyway... Jay

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Don't know the rules, but I'm in the same boat. Last used my passport in the 90s and it's now out of date. I would think they'd require new photos, sinece like you, a lot has changed. I'm not that old, but I look like I'm 12 in my passport, so doubtful it would ever work. Do you renew a passport or just toss it if it's so out of date and just get a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks