What's new

Parts for Macbook, where to buy? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The connection where the cord plugs into the macbook for power has stopped connecting.

After removing about 75 microscopic screws I managed to get this little thing out of the computer, easy enough to replace but where does one buy parts for a macbook?

I did a google search but none of the searches seemed like the right part.

someone must sell parts.

Michael_K_Sr

Screenwriter
Real Name
MichaelK
Likely the only place you are going to find that is through Apple's Global Service Exchange. Unfortunately, you can't open an account unless you work for a business or organization with at least 50 Apple computers and are a certified technician. Sometimes people sell disassembled Macs part by part on eBay.

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
You could try looking at this place:

http://www.usedmac.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=125&osCsid=cd5908b3a56d54d471b4c781c28f8b4e

-Keith

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
So I went to a computer service store today and it also happened to be an authorized apple service center.

As I was showing Him the thing he stopped me before I said a word, "I can't sell that part. "
Tells me it is an authorized service part and it can't be sold without him installing it and that I'll be lucky to find that and be able to buy it.

Also, I've looked online and I can't seem to find that part it at least be sure it is exactly the right item.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Well I just looked at the site above and found this.

http://www.usedmac.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=125&products_id=783&osCsid=cd5908b3a56d54d471b4c781c28f8b4e

Looks like the part. $35.00

But there is a white one looks exactly the same fir $22.

Jeez cheapest shipping is $22.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so for anyone still here, I got the part from iFixit.com for about $30.

Uh Oh, the part wasn't the problem, still no power into the macbook, so since we have a brand new cord we a guessing there is something wrong inside.

So my options seem to be a new macbook, but we don't have $1000 for that now or try and find a used macbook real cheap somewhere, as all I really need to do is switch my current hd into another macbook.

jeez.

anyone have a macbook they don't need anymore?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so.

It turns out it was the power cord the whole time.

For some strange reason I never thought to take the cord in to a genius and see if it worked.

It didn't, they gave me a new one and now it's all back to normal.

idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks