What's new

Parking for the handicapped.. (2 Viewers)

DaveHo

Supporting Actor
Take a look at who is doing all the ranting & name calling. You'll have your answer.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser

Maybe you can benefit by learning how to be friendly. I have plenty of friends, mainly 'cuz I'm a nice guy and a lot of people like me for my friendly nature and up-beat attitude. I have had no problems making friends, even though I'm not in the "cool" crowd. In fact, a lot of "cool" people like me since I'm nice to everyone.

If I wasn't nice, I would be really hated having to read and reply to a lot of posts on this forum.

Edit: Woops! I thought you were talking to me! Sorry!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Let's see. FDR was about as cool as the black plague. $1000 is incredibly steep for parking in a handicap slot without a placard. And, I hope you have no real intention of asking her if she wants you to handicap her.

Other than that, parking there sucks, but I'm pretty much with Holadem. I don't see it very often, and it doesn't rate much more from me than, "Man, what an asshole that guy is."

On the other hand, some woman was literally screaming at a man for parking in a handicapped place with a placard when he stepped out of his car and walked to the door. He let her go on for a while, asked, "You done?" and then opened the door for his handicapped wife who was inside. The point there is, if you don't know the situation, butt out. In your case, you do know the woman needs it only when her mother is along, which isn't the case at work. Report it if you must, but don't get yourself in trouble in the process.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I see lots of arguing at my job, and saw a situation almost exactly like that one! :D

I had to hold back my laughter! :P Which I failed a short time later...

Is david Hobbs and DaveHo the same people? Same join date, same birthday... Why would you argue with yourself?

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator
Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces.
But I'm an asshole.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I go to a restaurant for lunch that has 2 handicapped spaces. I don't know how they are in compliance but the 2 spaces are not the closest to the door. There are at least 6 -10 spaces much closer. Daily I am amazed at how many people pass by the open non-handicapped spaces to park in the handicapped space. Mostly they are people who I can not tell if they handicapped or not.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I don't care if every other spot in the lot is full I will NEVER park in those spots, It's a sign of complete disrespect!

The people that use these spot should be fined(as stated) $1000 the first time then $2000 thereafter.

Brent

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
David, I would be extremely upset as well.

About 1-1/2 years ago, we got a placard for my Dad. Believe me, anybody who bitches about too many handicapped stalls has never been in a situation of caring for someone who needs one. It is stressful enough dealing with someone who needs a wheelchair without the added stress of not being able to find a handicapped stall. I will NEVER park in one even if I had the placard if I was alone.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Too many handicapped stalls? Isn't there one per restroom, usable by users and nonusers of wheelchairs alike?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
She was referring to parking spaces as stalls. If you were just being facetious Jeremy, then just ignore me. :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
In total agreement! I am so bad about not parking in handicapped spaces that I actually feel guilty when I'm out with my mom (who has a handicap sticker) and she uses the spots. She had both knees replaced and has a hard time walking, but I still think she's taking advantage of the handicap spot because there are REAL handicap people out there who need them.

It always amazes me how many people bitch and complain about parking lots with so many handicap spots. :rolleyes:- I have a bad back and have trouble walking at times and I NEVER bitch about parking lots. I park far enough away and I SUCK IT THE FUCK UP!!!!

If handicap spots bother you that much, why not think (for a second) that you should be GLAD that you don't need them!!! There are people out there who are really handicapped and need those spots. They'd probably give anything to be able to walk across the parking lot with ease (like your fat ass does).

So the next time you drive by a few empty handicapped spots, instead of being angry, why not show some freakin' compassion and think about the person who really does need them.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Or just ram their car out of the parking spot and walk away like nothing happened! (kidding)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
I see people doing this all the time, knowing full well they don't have any right to park there. It's pure laziness or pure evilness, you pick.

Even though it doesn't directly effect me, it does bother me. I see it as a sign of disrespect and lack of compassion for others. Too many people lack compassion these days, it is no wonder that the world is the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks