What's new

Paramount's Star Trek Movies on DVD (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
While it's nice that Paramount and CBS are re-releasing the Star Trek movies on DVD with new packaging, it's a sad thing that Paramount only released the Star Trek trilogy (ST: II, ST: III, ST: IV).

Anyone know why Paramount isn't re-releasing ST: TMP or ST: V-X?

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I didn't view it as a re-releasing of the movies, just a package of the trilogy.

I actually might pick it up since the only movie I have so far is 6 and these are the only others ones I want, so it will save a little shelf space for me to get this set.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Just as a boxed set. It is rather disappointing. I was hoping to buy all of the movies in the new packaging. It's just sad that they released the first six movies in a boxed set for blu ray but not as a set for DVD.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Just FYI:

Based on what I've been reading, the "Wrath of Khan" transfer in that box has been remastered and looks noticeably better than the last DVD release. The other two movies look just like they did the last time they were released to DVD.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
The movies don't look the same, read the Digital Bits and DVDBeaver reviews. Khan benefitted from a restoration where as 3 and 4 have been remastered. Picture in all 3 movies is different.

The question is will a new ST 1-6 boxset be available for us lowly DVD owners?

Erin C

Stunt Coordinator
only watched bits and pieces of each. khan looks amazing. 3 looks better. 4 is iffy to me. new features are nice. new commentaries and featurettes for all 3. wait until christmas. i'm sure a full set is coming!

svenge

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Svenge Guttensen

sestamuch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonas

My guess exactly
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I just hope that Paramount gets off their duff and realize that there are a lot of consumers still buying the DVD format and release the Star Trek movies in DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks