What's new

Paramount's 100th Anniversary In 2012 Any Surprises Coming To Blu ? (1 Viewer)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Why doesn't Paramount do what WB is doing for The Stanley Kubrick Collection for Audrey Hepburn?

I don't see why Paramount couldn't borrow some of her Universal, Fox, and WB catalog to included in a very much deserved box set.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by darkrock17

Why doesn't Paramount do what WB is doing for The Stanley Kubrick Collection for Audrey Hepburn?

I don't see why Paramount couldn't borrow some of her Universal, Fox, and WB catalog to included in a very much deserved box set.
That would be great but only Charade from Criterion is already on blu. I don't think the other studios would allow their films to appear in blu for the first time at Paramount. Nor would I think Paramount would spend money to restore another studio's film. I assume you are talking about such films as A Nun's Story, How To Steal a Million, Two for The Road, and Wait Until Dark. All the Kubrick films from non Warner studios have already been released in blu. Though its unknown at this time I would doubt the Kubrick set would have a new transfer of say Sparticus even though the current release leaves much to be desired.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Originally Posted by Garysb

That would be great but only Charade from Criterion is already on blu. I don't think the other studios would allow their films to appear in blu for the first time at Paramount. Nor would I think Paramount would spend money to restore another studio's film. I assume you are talking about such films as A Nun's Story, How To Steal a Million, Two for The Road, and Wait Until Dark. All the Kubrick films from non Warner studios have already been released in blu. Though its unknown at this time I would doubt the Kubrick set would have a new transfer of say Sparticus even though the current release leaves much to be desired.
Spartacus and Dr. Strangelove are the recent releases just added to the collection to make it complete, Universal and Columbia are credited on the collection I think.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Originally Posted by dana martin

WINGS

nuff said, come on Paramount, more to follow when i have time

If Paramount ever is going to release Wings, 2012 probably is the time.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by darkrock17

Spartacus and Dr. Strangelove are the recent releases just added to the collection to make it complete, Universal and Columbia are credited on the collection I think.

As I said, it is one thing to license a blu ray from another studio that has already released said film in blu ray as is being done with the Kubrick set. It is quite different and not likely that Paramount would be able to license films starring Audrey Hepburn from other studios when those films are not yet available in blu ray from those studios much as we fans would like them to do so.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
"WINGS"

Parmaount has been so lax on getting this title out I had to make my own three-disc set! It's amazing the Bonus features you can find on the internet!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
amazing what you can find on the Internet, so after reading a few words about the ten commandments, and going thru the thread i happened on an article from the L A Times, from Oct 2010 and WINGS was mentioned from someone in the restoration group, so maybe there is hope on the way, just wish fox would have done the same for Cavalcade instead of thinking that $400 set would be the only people who would like to own it

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Paramount's releasing "Once Upon a Time in the West" on May 18th on DVD (a new cover, new release date...same transfer?) The title is coming to Blu-ray in June in France.....can we expect a US blu-ray release any time soon?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Paramount's releasing "Once Upon a Time in the West" on May 18th on DVD (a new cover, new release date...same transfer?) The title is coming to Blu-ray in June in France.....can we expect a US blu-ray release any time soon?

I was told not this year.

However, I made certain that it's on their radar.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Sept marks the 50th anniversary of the opening of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" so I would guess if it's coming....that's when it would come

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
can't understand why "a new leaf " hasn't even shown up Letterboxed on TV no Less DVD,Like everthing ,we get the titles that sell big,over and over again

dosn't look good for them doing Chinatown anytime soon,

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Chinatown was on one of the HBO-HD channels (and in its original aspect ratio, not cropped for 16:9) earlier today, and it looked wonderful. I would LOVE to have it on BD.

davemenefee

Auditioning
Real Name
David W Menefee
Paramount should re-release the film that started the entire company: Queen Elizabeth (1912), starring Sarah Bernhardt, but release the film in a fully restored version as it was shown in 1912 with full color and an inspiring music score. Watch for the simultaneous release of the new book, Sarah Bernhardt, Her Films, Her Recordings by David W. Menefee. Available at www.amazon.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks