1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paramount TV DVD Cases: Who makes 'em and where can I buy 'em?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mike Miskulin, May 13, 2007.

1. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Well-Known Member

I'm referring to the "standard-width" clear cases that can hold 6 discs (like Beauty and the Beast, 7th Heaven, and others). Two discs are held on each inner cover, while the remaining four are held on two inserts. There's no overlapping discs, and it saves a lot of shelf space.

Anyone know who makes these cases and any place that sells them?

mike.

2. RoyM

RoyM Well-Known Member

Mike,

These guys have what you're looking for: six and even eight dvd standard (more or less) width cases. I've purchased multi-disc cases from them before, and they are quite dependable.

http://www.sleevetown.com/multi-dvd-case.shtml

3. Mike Miskulin

Roy,

Thanks for the reply, but those aren't the cases I'm looking for. I've been using these cases for the last year and a half:

http://www.shop4tech.com/item3706.html

They are 14mm width spines (the standard keepcase width) and have worked pretty well. However, the case holds two discs on each inner cover and they overlap. The cases Paramount/CBS has been using also have a 14mm width, but do not have any overlapping discs.

Unfortunately, most online shops I've seen only offer either the case I've linked above (which is fine), or the 26mm and wider spines like sleevetown has (which is too thick for my liking).

mike.

4. Mike Miskulin

Thanks to new member Bob Flaminio, the cases have been located!

http://www.pcx.com.au/products/index...aging,14mm,six

One problem, though: They're ~$2.75 US dollars each!!![​IMG]

Now if someone can find a stateside dealer selling these for under a buck, I'll give you a shiney nickel.*

mike.

*nickel not included

5. RickER

RickER Well-Known Member

Rick
    Hey those ARE sweet cases. I wish i could find the double slims too. The ones found on most sites are not that slim as the Paramount ones.

6. flaminio

flaminio Member

There's a US distributor now for six disc 14mm cases:

www . cdrom2go . com / product-moreinfo.asp ? P=P59056Z0000000DVD6BLK

7. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Well-Known Member

PolylineCorp.com has slimline DVD cases, both single and double. About 30 cents each in quantities of 100 or more. I use them all the time. They're about half the width of a keepcase (think they're the same width as the slimline cases that Fox uses on some of it's TV on DVD product).

Polyline also have something I've not used before called an "ultra" slimline that's slimmer than standard cases.

You can call their number and ask for a free sample of any product. They also have sample "kits" (i.e. a kit with one each of their single disc cases and a kit with one each of their double cases). These kits are also free.

8. RickER

RickER Well-Known Member

Rick
    Thanks Andy for the update. I will have to check into these slim cases!

9. Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis Well-Known Member

Do what I do: search eBay!

10. Mike Miskulin

Dredging this topic up once again to see if anyone knows of any company aside from the site linked in post #4 selling these CBS-style 6 disc cases.

eBay doesn't have them, nor do any of the usual US-based sited I've checked.

It still looks like the only option now is the Aussie-based site, but it'll cost ya: >$2.50 USD/keepcase and only if you buy them by the 100 pack!