What's new

Paramount Poll - preliminary response (1 Viewer)

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Since some of you are getting agitated about the poll results, here is where we are. I submitted ALL the most requested titles, which came out between 40 and 50 in number. The list was well received here. The next step is to check out the state of the original materials and that can take a long time. Then we would move onto what bonus materials, if any, should be produced. In short, the list is the backbone of our catalog releases for 2002 and 2003. Even the real obscure titles (yeah, I'm thinking of Four Flies). So thanks everyone. The system is working.... Be patient.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Martin, thank you for the response. It is appreciated.
Hopefully that will satisfy the curiosity of the people who took part in the poll for the time being.
Rob
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

JoeyP

Auditioning
Thanks Martin, good to see an update on what's going on.
Looking forward to seeing the final verdict.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the update Martin. :)
Wouldn't it be nice if the other studio's (Fox and Paramount excluded of course) took the time to get feedback from their consumer base like this.
Just look at all of the money Paramount saved on Market Research alone.

JoeyP

Auditioning
I just noticed that you thought people were "agitated" about the lack of an update...
I really think that is the wrong word. Many people were curious or even hyper-active about finding out what's going on, but I didn't see anyone that was angry or upset.
I for one, am happy that Paramount is taking the time to find out what the fans want, even if it was just to humor us (even though that doesn't seem the case). It's one of the first/few times fans have been asked what we want (especially for "B" level movies), which is why everyone is so hyped to find out how it went.
Just thought I'd clear that up.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Thank you Mr Blythe, I'm sure everything will be worth the wait.
Now to go find a better job, since it sounds like I'm about to go broke....

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Martin,
You are great. Thanks to you, and those you are working with.
icon14.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Thanks much, Martin. I think that, between restoration and various rights squabbles, people don't realize what it takes to get something out into the marketplace DONE RIGHT the first time out.
Looking forward to some of those catalog titles!

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you so much Martin for making this preliminary announcement and for specifically including FOUR FLIES in that statement.
I, for one, would buy a bare bones edition of the Argento movie as long as it was widescreen. You don't know how many times I've watched an unbelievably cropped, blurry and edited version of it.
I just hope the original materials have survived the last thirty years intact.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Just the idea that they are even considering Four Flies On Grey Velvet is certainly terrific news! I am ecstatic about the possibility even though it just that....a possibility!
Jeff

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Great news!
The system is indeed working. Way to go Paramount!
------------------
-- Will Work for Five Million Dollars

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Thank you Martin...
Not at all agitated, just wondered how things were coming along...wishing and hoping...think that anxious is a better word.
I commend you for taking the time out of your schedule to respond.
crazy.gif

------------------

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Yes, Mr. Blythe, let me put in my gratitude to you. Even though I'm sure not a single one of my suggestions (especially LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE FABULOUS STAINS) will be on the 2002 and 2003 schedule, you did what no other studio appears to be doing, which is listening to our whole request, not just hearing an unfamiliar title and dismissing it out of hand.
For spits and giggles, I will tell you that in fourth grade, we had a letter writing assignment, and I chose to send in a movie idea to Paramount. I still have the rejection letter to this day. Even though it came back unread, I was still grateful for the reply. Paramount has always been my favorite studio, and your work has reaffirmed my faith.
------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Martin,
Many thanks. The poll, and your gracious response to even those 'obscure' titles that found their way onto the list, is much appreciated. I'm looking forward to purchasing many Paramount discs in the future.

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Thank you for caring about our opinions, Mr. Blythe! :) Here's hoping there'll be a lot of happy Friday the 13th fans in the near future (though, I'm also excited about Four Flies as well). Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks Martin. Though I assume that Jonathan Livingston Seagull isn't even on the short list, I do appreciate the chance to cast a vote.
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks