What's new

Paramount Petition****Remaining Eddie Murphy Films**** (1 Viewer)

Paramount you have one hell of a Catalog when it comes to Eddie Murphy. Some of his best work still not on DVD. I would like to take this time to campaign for the following films:
Boomerang
Harlem Nights
Trading Places
Raw
Delirious
Vampire In Brooklyn
Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy
Especially Boomerang and Harlem Nights would make wonderful Special Editions. Thanks in advance for your consideration :)
Enhanced Widescreen please!!!!!!

Out of that list, Delirious ranks as far and away the most desired for me: I still say it's the funniest single standup performance of all time (followed closely by Bill Cosby's Himself; Richard Pryor has a number of great performances, but unlike Delirious, his best work is kind of scattered among several good shows).
But I digress. Paramount/Martin, please release Delirious -- it would be an instant preorder for me and any standup fan, and it would probably be the easiest on that list for you guys to release quickly: no music rights (unlike Cop), no big-name directors (unlike Raw, which would involve Robert Townsend and probably Murphy himself), and frankly, a good anamorphic transfer and reasonably clean sound would be enough to make most folks happy.
Besides that, Raw and the first Cop would be the other instant buys for me. But I'm not holding my breath -- Cop, like Footloose, Saturday Night Fever and Grease, sports one of the most high-profile soundtracks of '70s-'80s cinema, and I imagine the rights issues would be staggering. (Negotiating with Glenn Frey alone means dealing with Irving Azoff, and I wouldn't wish that headache on anyone.)
------------------
CMM

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Top of my list in here is Trading Places.
Wanna bet?
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Chris Kr

Agent
Trading Places and Beverly Hills Cop are simply classics! I would kill for some special editions of these masterpieces!

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
Count me in for all above mentioned titles.
Oh and if possible....dts on Beverly Hills Cop 1,2,3! Thanks!
Eric.
------------------
HTF NY City MEET @HiFi show May 12, 01. See my post in "Local Meets!"
DVD List: http://www.dvdtracker.com/~EricK

Shawn_S

Stunt Coordinator
Without a doubt
biggrin.gif
Delirious
biggrin.gif
is the funniest standup I've ever seen. Come on Paramount, VHS tapes of Delirious sell in the 40 dollar range on ebay
eek.gif
Make some cash and press a DVD. I also vote for Boomerang and the BHC movies :)
------------------
Link Removed

Gary_O

Stunt Coordinator
count me in for : Trading Places, & Beverly Hills Cop
and while your at it, how bout an anamorphic rerelease of 48 Hrs??

MikeyW

Agent
Well, first off, this is my first post here ever :D . Count me in for Beverly Hills Cop and Trading Places, but mainly BHC. Man, those movies kick ass.

Gary_E

Second Unit
The 'shooting craps' scene in Harlem Nights makes me wet my pants everytime I see it. The faces Red Foxx makes are hysterical.
-Gary

Jeff T

Auditioning
Man these titles would be great. Would love to see them on DVD in their full glory with top of the line features.
Believe me, you would sell a ton of them.
Jeff T

Jan Jessen

Auditioning
Count me in for Beverly Hills Cop!!! I think we have been waiting to long for these movies.
Please release them now Paramount!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks