What's new

Paramount Makes Official Blu-Ray announcement! Read the press release here. (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Forgot to ask
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
. I think it's safe to assume $39.95, but I will double check.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'd wait for reliable reviews on Face/Off. If it's the same over-DNR'd treatment they gave it on HD DVD, all that Blu goodness won't be worth the wait.

M.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I remember when they kicked out their first waves of Hd releases in July '06. Though the titles weren't overly scintilating, the amount of them intially seemed fairly robust. I thought they were going to be a huge player in HDMs because of that. How wrong I was. Hopefully it won't be the same case here, but I won't hold my breath. If the Indiana Jones series and Grease (it is the 30th ann after all) could somehow make it out this year, I'd be satisfied. The Godfather series would be nice and logical as well. Thankfully they don't have a whole lot of HDDVD exclusives to catch up on...the one positive to their underwhelming support of that format.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Glad I've held off on watching TWBB. I figured it would be out on Blu sometime this year, and I'm glad to see that it's not that far off! Don't know if I'll buy or not... I really have just been renting titles lately instead of buying.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Ah s**t! I recently purchased 3 of them on DVD. Bee Movie, Cloverfield, There Will Be Blood. Will not double dip.

jumbotron

Agent
Real Name
James
This is great news, thanks for the info. I was going to buy Cloverfield, but now I am going to wait...sucker paramount, you can't have my money twice!

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Excellent!

I'll be picking up Cloverfield and There Will Be Blood for sure. Glad I didn't buy the DVD's, even though I wasn't really tempted to.

Might also upgrade to the BD of Face/Off.

Too bad there's no Sweeney Todd. Maybe they're saving it for a Halloween release, I hope.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

Strikes me as unlikely they won't use the existing Face/Off transfer - after all, it was scheduled for both formats initially!

Thank God for NetFlix - I wouldn't have been able to resist buying There Will Be Blood or Cloverfield on DVD otherwise. I'll buy the blus as soon as they come out.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

Yes, this is the reason why I don´t really buy SD DVD-releases of these "newer films". Give me 1080p.

Great news that Paramount is "back". Since both Universal and Paramount are again active, this could mean that we´ve some great times ahead. I love Blu-ray! :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm sure you're right. If so, it will serve as a timely reminder that format debates are all well and good, but one principle always remains: garbage in, garbage out. Doesn't matter if the bag is red or blue.

M.

Jacob McCraw

Stunt Coordinator
Glad I rented There Will be Blood on SD - a definite purchase on BD.

I hope Chinatown comes soon - my most wanted Paramount title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.