What's new

Paramount February Releases (1 Viewer)

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
It appears that Paramount is begining to release never before to Home Video titles. Both Hello Down There and All In A Night's Work have never been released before. If this is a new trend I have requests.

W.U.S.A.
Project X (1968)
Rhubarb
Come Blow Your Horn
Hurry Sundown
Crack In The World
The Furies

also, what happened to Funeral In Berlin? It is out of print.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Also: SKIDOO (Preminger with a cast that includes Jackie Gleason, Carol Channing, George Raft, Harry Nielson, Frankie Avalon, and Groucho Marx as God!!!); LITTLE BOY LOST (Bing Crosby in a serious role); BEAU JAMES (with Bob Hope as Jimmy Walker); SHANKS (a horror movie directed by William Castle starring Marcel Marceau); MY SON JOHN (a fascinating McCarthy era family drama with Helen Hayes and Robert Walker in his final role--parts of which were extracted from STRANGERS ON A TRAIN); George Stevens' obscure "Days of Wine and Roses"-ish drama, SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR with Joan Fontaine and Ray Milland.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Paramount should do like Warner and let the public decide on a chunk of to be considered titles. I forgot about SHANKS and SKIDOO. Good choices!

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Too bad Paramount was unable to clear the rights for the director's cut of "On a Clear Day". It may have increased sales based on Barbra's fan base. Still hoping some day to see the original full lenght cut of the film.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Ohter paramount titles that were never released on video I'd l;ike to see are

CHILD'S PLAY
ADALEN 31
THE LAWYER
MAN ON A SWING
LEADBELLY
FRANTERNITY ROW
FEAR IS THE KEY
SOUL and LEGEND OF N***ER CHARLIE

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
to greg - M - Paramount can't clear the rights to the directors cut because it does not exist.
When I worked at Pioneer Laserdisc, we had a releasing deal with Paramount Pictures. At two different times we had two different people looking for cut footage - no one ever found a thing.
Back to reality - Paramount could at least remix the songs for stereo. They exist. Mis streisand kept the master tapes for the songs MINUS the album reverb.
In the Streisand pink box, you can hear her sing On a Clear day from the soundtrack without the reverb.

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Just the great Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow for me, I'm afraid. The others don't ring enough bells.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Thanks for this past year's releases, Paramount!

For 2005, I am hoping for:
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS (pardon the broken record)
PHASE IV
ACE IN THE HOLE
CRACK IN THE WORLD
NAKED PREY
FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE
ROCKABYE BABY
AFRICAN QUEEN

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Charles, I'm also waiting for Little Boy Lost and The Maiting Season.
Plus I would love to get September Affair (Joan Fontaine and Joseph Cotten), Let's Dance (Betty Hutton and Fred Astaire), Forever Female (Ginger Rogers and William Holden), Anything Goes (Bing Ccrosby, Donald O'Connor and Mitzy Gaynor), Here Come the Girls (Bob Hope, Rosemary Clloney, Tony Martin and Arlene Dahl), Elephant Walk (Elizabeth Taylor and Dana Andrews), Red Garters (Rosemary Clooney) and Mr. Music (Bing Crosby)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Have not seen Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow but am looking forward to seeing it on dvd. Kinda sucks being unemployed, so I have not been to the theater much lately. I wonder if we will get a DTS track on Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow ?

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
The interesting thing about Something to Live For is that it seems to have been almost completely written out of George Stevens's filmography. It was relaesed in 1952, between A Place in the Sun and Shane , but it's been almost completely forgotten . If memory serves, it's not even mentioned in the George Stevens : A Filmmaker's Journey documentary at all

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Something to Live for used to be part of the aBC Selznick package when I was a teen Neat little film. Now neither aBC or Paramount seems to have it.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
What happened to
"LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR"
and
"LADY SINGS THE BLUES" ?????

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, I sure would like to see Looking For Mr. Goodbar get at least a commentary discussing the impact this controversial film had on audiences & the industry at the time.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
All In A Night's Work, Hello Down There and On A Clear Day... now available for Pre-Order on DVD EMPIRE.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone anywhere have any specs on these titles =- hardly any other site knows that on a clear day is on the way. Is this going to be mono or a stereo remix?

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
On A Clear Day will have both a 5.1 and mono track, according to Paramount's release info.

All in a Night's Work and Hello Down There are listed as mono.

It should be noted that this info is not always 100% accurate.

-Scott

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator

This is the first time I've seen this title mentioned as a possible DVD release. I'd like to help push it along. I happened to see the revival on Broadway a few years back. I enjoyed it, and I like P. G. Wodehouse material, in general.

Weren't there two "Anything Goes" movies?

DG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks