What's new

Paramount - DVD Requests - part 2 (1 Viewer)

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Following Diane Lane's Academy Award nominated success in "Unfaithful" and her current hit "Under The Tuscan Sun" wouldn't be great to get her 1981 cult classic "Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains" out on DVD!? Please see what you can do. Thanks!

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Has anyone mentioned The Ghost and the Darkness? One or two on-line reviews, as I recall, suggested the current DVD, though widescreen, was presented with a MAR (something less than it's true 2.39:1 Panavision 'Scope), and of course it's 4x3 formatted, rather than 16x9, so I passed on it. But I love the movie itself, which I think many have overlooked -- Val Kilmer, Michael Douglas, man-eating lions ... how can you go wrong? The trailer was terrible, I thought, but the movie was really quite good, and I'd love to see this title revisited.

Mission: Impossible (DePalma), though framed correctly, is itself 4x3 letterboxed as well, and that would be second on my list of as-yet unannounced titles in need of a 16x9 SE remaster.

I'd also like to take a moment to congratulate Paramount for their decision, reported elsewhere by Robert Harris, to return to eight perforation 35mm original elements on VistaVision titles such as Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and (I believe) Fear Strikes Out, among others. For years, I've been a very stubborn proponent of returning to large format sources for films natively made as large format (since seeing the beautiful, 65mm-sourced laser of Fox's Oklahoma! in the mid-90's, specifically, and all the more so after seeing the very disappointing Columbia/TriStar reduction of Branagh's Hamlet on laser, a film I found enthralling in the theatre at 70mm), and I'm very happy to see Paramount favoring elements representative of the films' truest form when preparing the home video masters of these recent titles. Such a policy of fidelity gets a very big :emoji_thumbsup: from me, and I hope to see that effort undertaken by all studios with large format product in their vaults. I've seen far too many reduction-sourced transfers to think that anything less than a LF source can do a LF picture proper justice on home video (DVD and laserdisc before it, specifically), and I hope that any previous reduction-format releases will be revisited in the future (unless quality large format elements no longer exist, of course). There are a few titles I've skipped that I would readily purchase if this is done, and Gunfight, Fear, and a few others are high on my list of "buys" at the moment (I'm still trying to determine if The Desperate Hours was LF sourced before making a purchase).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Over in Software, a thread there indicates TITANIC SE and TOP GUN SE are coming. Great, I look forward to anamorphic versions of these 2 movies.

I also think that you should work on SE's for:

Mission Impossible
Deep Impact

Martin Blythe

Second Unit
Looking over requests since my last post, I can confirm that the following are on the schedule for first half 04: more Peanuts, Fatman and Little Boy, Permanent Record, Rustlers Rhapsody, Lucy in seson box sets, Heartburn, We're No Angels, President's Analyst. It won't be much later for Murder On the Orient Express. Oh and musical fans, Half a Sixpence is on its way too.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
"Murder On the Orient Express" is the only title that interests me from that list. Thanks for the update Sir!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Martin Blythe!! Half a Sixpence is on the Way? Send me your direct addres so I can send you a kiss.

P.S. don't know if you can add this but Paramount has a tenminute "Making of" that was done at the time of the film. Can this be included. The film also has inintermisson and intermission music. Please include this.
hank you, thank you ,thank you.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Great to see that Heartburn is on the way. Another Paramount title I'll be able to cross off my DVD wants list.

Martin, can you give us any news on the progress of preparing "Ace In The Hole" for DVD release?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Martin,

The Digitial Reports has a rumor that your upcoming release of We're No Angels is the 1989 version. Please tell me that's not correct and that you were refering to the 1955 version. Please!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Well, if a curio like HALF A SIXPENCE is in the pipeline, then that means that LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE FABULOUS STAINS must be in the bullpen as well. (Or at least, I can believe it is, anyway.) Great news!

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
With the Star Trek series box sets, will we ever get Star Trek TOS Animated Series?

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Thanks for thinking of "Half a Sixpence" Martin, nice to see Paramount musicals coming to DVD.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Still no Police Squad in the pipeline? The 6 episodes of the series could easily fit on a single disc. David Zucker's Scary Movie 3 (starring Leslie Nielsen) has finished atop the box office for the 2nd straight weekend. Now may be a good time to release Police Squad to DVD. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks