What's new

Paramount DVD Requests for 2007 (1 Viewer)

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
Well, we're 3 quarters through the year (2007) and none of my wishes have come true..
ENCHANTED APRIL, SOME KIND OF HERO, and THE STERILE CUCKOO haven't been released. It's hard to keep faith.
Maybe they're waiting on the out come of the HD/Blu-ray battle.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Paramount continues to disappoint. I believe it is now 3 years since THE KEEP was originally due to come out. I could've sworn it was to have been the fall of 2004.

Cinezen

Auditioning
Real Name
Dennis P. Bingham
I'm a film studies professor finishing a book on biopics. A key title in the genre is Paramount's THE JOKER IS WILD (1957), with Frank Sinatra in a "warts and all" biopic of comedian Joe E. Lewis. Directed by Charles Vidor, whose LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME came out on DVD not long ago from Warner Bros., THE JOKER IS WILD has never been on video in any format. This leaves me to wonder if Sinatra's estate is holding up the rights, as the singer did for years with THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE, or if this is just the odd title that has fallen through the cracks.

It is also of course an Oscar winner, with "All the Way" winning that year's Academy Award for Best Song. I intend to talk about it in my book, which will be published by Rutgers University Press, and it would be good if people could see it.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Don't know if it's even Paramount's to do, but a couple of us would love to see High Road To China, come out on dvd.

Kelly=V=

Auditioning
If I had a dime for every time a person replied, " Oh Yeah ! THE GHOST & THE DARKNESS ! That's the one with Val Kilmer & the maneating lions, right ? That movie was COOL !"...I'd be rich (as they say).
An Excellent "Guy Movie", released in the early days of DVD with compression/transfer issues, I feel this Gem is overdue for a major upgrade. Especially in light of the current partnership between PARAMOUNT & HD DVD. Let's revive this one & soon, please.
P.S.: With todays spacious HD disc formats please utilize the highest (uncompressed) bit rate possible for the picture & audio (in All circumstances). If necessary, include the Extras on a separate disc. Thank You.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator

Yes and Paramount's Martin Blythe also promised us eventually Four Flies on Grey Velvet back in 2004 and yet he hasn't come through with a post nor even a visit here since [Last Activity: 11-17-2004 12:48 PM]

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
A small matter in the grand scheme of things, but I wish they'd revisit season one of CSI. It is the only one of the seven releases presented in 4:3 and with no commentary tracks at all, an fairly minimal extras. Given some of the changes coming up in this season, now would be a good time to add some new documentaries looking back at the how the series started from the perspective of 8 years later, and some commentary tracks. (They could also spruce up the menus, which were pretty barebones when compared to the later sets. ;))

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks