1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paramount cuts Tom Cruise loose

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Patrick Sun, Aug 22, 2006.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Well-Known Member

I can definitely see that as a reason why Paramount and Cruise/Wagner split up. That's a huge cut.

2. andySu

andySu Well-Known Member

What a knob jockey Tom Cruise, is well I don’t really go see the films that he’s in anymore I’m listening to the real stars the re-recording mixers.

3. dan-0

dan-0 Well-Known Member

Show me the money!

4. andySu

andySu Well-Known Member

Laughing my ass off, good one mate.

I guess he’s going to launch a few cruise missiles at Paramount its “War of the Cruises”[​IMG]

Or Maybe he’ll be dangling from a high-rise ceiling in one of companies executive offices trying to steal information from the pc hard-drive.[​IMG]

Or he might just do one of those stand up religious shows, but if you see him cruising along side Wilshire Boulevard you can bet he’s not handing out parking tickets![​IMG]

5. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

Bingo. The only way this is related to his behavior is that following his meltdown his movies, while still massive sucesses, have under-performed. When a star who invested nothing into a picture makes more than the studio that did make the picture, as is the case with Mission Impossible III, it's time for a change.

6. Allen Hirsch

Allen Hirsch Well-Known Member

Today's WSJ has a story that Dan Snyder (owner of the Washington Redskins and Six Flags) has formed a new entity called "First and Goal" to fund Cruise/Wagner's overhead. According to sources in the article, Snyder's providing $3M/year, amazingly close to the amount Paramount floated that they were willing to provide in a new deal - and a 70% cut from the overhead absorption Cruise/Wagner enjoyed under the old Paramount deal.

Cruise/Wagner still have to get financing for any pictures they develop - so today's announcement looks like "round 1" clearly goes to Paramount.

7. EricW

EricW Well-Known Member

Parmount breaking off with Cruise was one thing, but for Redstone to say what he did was totally something else. the breakup was business, but the remarks were personal. maybe Redstone had been tired of negotiating. anyways it's obvious none of the other studios were eager to take Paramount's place.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
  9. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Well-Known Member

My guess? Kate needed antidepressants after Suri's birth.