What's new

Paramount brings us "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown" and "Hey, Arnold!" (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
DVDEmpire now has listings for Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown and for Hey, Arnold! The Movie.
Charlie Brown streets 1/7/03, with an SRP of $19.99. It also includes You're In Love, Charlie Brown and It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown...a perfect Valentine's present from Martin Blythe!
Arnold hits a week earlier, on 12/31/02, with an SRP of $29.99. No word on extras.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The cover art showed "Paramount Collection", implying that at the very least Arnold will have a Fullscreen version, whether on the same disc as widescreen or not.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
While a huge part of me is happy to see that Paramount is releasing three more Peanuts titles...I WANT THE FEATURE LENGTH FILMS AS WELL! Sorry, for that little outburst...

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent! Good choice of specials. Here's hoping for an
Easter release and Arbor Day release as well.
It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown/It's a Mystery, Charlie Brown/He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown
It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown/Charlie Brown's
All Stars/You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown

Joel C

Screenwriter
About f'in time we get more Peanuts. Though I too would really like the following Charlie Browns: Race for Your Life, A Boy Named, Bon Voyage. And Snoopy Come Home, while you're at it.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Good to see more Peanuts trickling out. I'm actually more excited about "You're In Love, CB"- one of the classic early shows - than the title show.

And yes, I would snap up the Peanuts feature films in an instant!!

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Word has it at another forum that an Easter Peanuts DVD is expected as well. It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown, with additional specials not yet determined.
It's a Mystery, Charlie Brown is a good choice
because Woodstock's nest is an issue in that as it also
is in a subplot in the Easter special and Snoopy adopts
a legendary persona in that one as well.
He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown is another Snoopy-oriented special, if Snoopy-oriented specia;s are preferred for this one. But if it's spring-time that's
favored as a recurring theme, I guess we'd be looking at It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown, though that one would make a good holiday release in itself.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Ahh, I have fond memories of that Valentine day special. It was on one of my first purchased VHS tapes, and I recorded it off of CBS at the time. Early 80's, I beleive. I also think I accidentally taped over the ending because Star Wars was on as well, heh.
Gads, I Wish I didn't throw out that tape. It had some history behind it ;).

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I think the last decent Peanuts special was "It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown" from 1976, because that's the last one Vince Guaraldi did the music for. In my opinion, the shows were never the same without his contribution.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
I will probably purchase Hey, Arnold (I didn't see the movie but the trailer for it looked good). Amazon.com says that Hey, Arnold is in Widescreen.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Arnold Specs/Features:

Anamorphic Widescreen
Full Screen Version
English Dolby Digital 5.1
English and French Dolby Surround
English Subtitles
Charlotte's Web 2 Interactive Game
Theatrical Trailer

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Cover Art for another one...It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown/ It's Arbor Day, Charlie Brown:
Click on it for a blow-up:
[c] [/c]
No release date that I could find, but I'm sure it's out there somewhere. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks