What's new

Paramount Announces Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection Fall 2012 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
3d24b417_51n7leKygaL._SL500_AA300_.jpeg

af0554d6_ijbd.jpeg

ONLY ONE NAME DEFINES THE ULTIMATE HERO…

ONLY ONE FORMAT DELIVERS THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE…

FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, THE COMPLETE INDIANA JONES

FILM COLLECTION COMES TO BLU-RAY!

http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Blu-ray-Collection/dp/B000NQRE9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330565026&sr=8-1

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (February 29, 2012) – The man with the hat is back – and looking better than ever! The world’s favorite globe-trotting archaeologist is, at long last, embarking on his greatest adventure – when The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Media Distribution. The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection will be excavated in the fall of 2012 and will include all four of Indy’s thrilling adventures, using the highest possible high definition picture and audio presentation – along with a “best of” collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes and a few new surprises.

About Paramount Home Media Distribution
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

Lucasfilm, Indiana Jones™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If a 4 movie set is in the only choice, I'll gripe because I already have Crystal Skull. Although Crystal Skull or no Crystal Skull, Temple Of Doom will still be the worst movie in that set. I know it gets a pass but except for nostalgia, I don't understand how anyone thinks Temple Of Doom is a better movie than Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
I can't imagine two sets, it will be all four films.
Yeah, I'm sure they won't release a 'complete' box set, and another alternate set to please people that already own KOTCS.
I'm not bitching about this bundle, because I enjoy almost all the films.
Now if Universal would just give us some details on JAWS......I'm absolutely dying to know if they are going to make that a four film collection.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I specifically held off getting KOTCS when I started purchasing Blu-Rays last year because by then, the rumors of an IJ set had started.
I did post in one of the other threads that I hoped there would be different configurations - a three film set, a four film set, and also separate releases. Obviously, the middle option has been confirmed.
I also posted my thoughts about packaging - I personally like consistency, and don't like digipacks (or digibooks). So, four matching BR cases, or one multi-disc BR case would be my preference.
And, of course, I hope that all the current 'extras' are ported over.
David

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/318936/paramount-announces-indiana-jones-blu-ray-collection-fall-2012#post_3902191
I know it gets a pass but except for nostalgia, I don't understand how anyone thinks Temple Of Doom is a better movie than Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.
I think that Temple of Doom plays like Citizen Kane compared to Crystal Skull. To each their own...

That being said, I'll drink the Kool-Aid when this set is released and spring for it. I mean really, how could I *not* own Indy on Blu-ray?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I got rid of the Star Wars DVD set in anticipation of the Blu-ray release - I'm not making the same mistake with Indy. For the moment, a 'best of" collection of documentaries to me means they're editing existing docs and putting together new featurettes featuring highlights of the best parts of those docs. I'm not saying this is what they're doing but I'm not taking any chances.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
dpippel said:
I think that Temple of Doom plays like Citizen Kane compared to Crystal Skull. :D  To each their own...
Keep in mind that I'm not saying that Crystal Skull is particularly great, I'm saying that Temple Of Doom is even less great. :) That being said, even if I don't think the second and fourth ones are that great, they still have fun parts and Harrison Ford is so good that he makes up for most of the movies' shortcomings.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I honestly only want the first one. I'll wait for the set to be available at a LOW price, then sell the others.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
RobertR said:
I honestly only want the first one. I'll wait for the set to be available at a LOW price, then sell the others.
They'll probably do individual releases after a year or so.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by MattBradley /t/318936/paramount-announces-indiana-jones-blu-ray-collection-fall-2012#post_3902185
"a few new surprises" - hmm...
I take that to mean the theatrical cuts of the Star Wars films will be included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks