What's new

Paramount announcements through end of year... (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping to see a 30th Anniversary SE of Chinatown and The Conversation in this schedule. Maybe they'll be announced later for one of the Tuesdays that currently doesn't have anything.....

Brian PB

Supporting Actor
Either way, Koch Lorber has set a release date of September 7th for its 2-disc set, & it's up for pre-order already from several etailers. This suggests that Paramount & Koch Lorber were able to resolve their differences.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I wish list for 2005:

THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK
WE'RE NO ANGELS - 1955
HOUDINI - 1953
STARTING OVER
CITIZEN'S BAND
ISLANDS IN THE STREAM
BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S - SE
FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF - SE
CLUELESS - SE
STAR TREK:FIRST CONTACT - SE
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS
PHASE IV - 1974
THE PLEASURE OF HIS COMPANY
IT STARTED IN NAPLES
THE RAINMAKER (LANCASTER & HEPBURN)
BUGSY MALONE
SUMMER & SMOKE
WATERHOLE #3
BABY, IT'S YOU

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

Yes, all of these features are a must, especially the deleted footage. I have always wanted to see Mann's original version of this gem, so at the very least there need to be deleted scenes. I remember Blythe saying that the DVD was delayed because Mann was busy, so hopefully that means they were seeking Mann's involvement in some special features like commentary and getting together the deleted footage.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
HOW ABOUT A RESTORED "ONE EYED JACKS" WITH MARLON BRANDO,
KATY JUARDO, AND KARL MALDEN, A CLASSIC WESTERN OF GIAGANTIC PROPORTIONS, ONE OF THE BEST !!!!!!!!!!!

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
DEEP IMPACT special edition sounds great, but sadly missing are ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER and especially DARLING LILI. Waaaaaaaaaa :frowning:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Very little for me to get excited about in that list. I'll probably pick up "Raw", and there's a few B & C titles that I might pick up if it's a slow week.

I'm also looking for "ACE IN THE HOLE", & "MIRACLE AT MORGAN'S CREEK", both of which have been rumored in the past. I'm pretty sure that Paramount owns more Sturges & Wilder titles also, and I'll gladly pick them all up. How about a re-release of "Stalag 17" or "Sabrina", both of which deserve nice SEs.

RobertSiegel

Reviewer
Well, may last post (3 or 4 up) didn't work, only 1 sentence worked. The list was not that impressive for me, I would be interested iun FIRST MONDAY IN OCTOBER, a great comedy with Matthau, DEEP IMPACT (about time, love the film), and that's it. I agree with others on TITANIC, it's way past due, at the very least an enhanced edition.

And, as I stated before, why is it that we get 2 or 3 editions of some of these films, even LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY but there has still never been a video release of Blake Edward's DARLING LILI with Julie Andrews, not VHS, not Laser and no dvd.

Others I am waiting for from Paramount:

HOUDINI (1953)
ANYTHING GOES (1956)
THE MATCHMAKER (1958)
LIL ABNER (1959)
SAVE THE TIGER (1973)
JONATHAN LIVINGSTON SEAGULL (1973)
KING OF THE GYPSIES (1979)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Glad to see the new releases of:

Star Trek Generations
Deep Impact
Top Gun

Had hoped ST:First Contact would have made it in 2004. Also would like to see DAYS OF THUNDER and THE KEEP.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Already knew about The Spy Who Came in from the Cold & The Conterfeit Traitor, which I'll be picking up.

Hopefully The Untouchables CE will be worth an upgrade A/V wise. If not I think I'll pass.

There are some interesting B titles that I'm interested in renting (Last Train from Gun Hill, Ace High, Arrowhead, The Naked Jungle, Danger Diabolik & The Keep) other then that there's not much I'll be picking up.

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
The following are my most likely purchases. I'm interested in several others but haven't seen them yet so they may end up being rentals instead.

Crazy People (The Hello Song alone is worth it for me)
Mork * Mindy - Season 1
All I Want for Christmas
Taxi - Season 1 (love Taxi)
The Thing Called Love (remember enjoying this and am a fan of the cast)
Brain Donors
Jimmy Hollywood (I'm one of the few that seemed to like this but I did)

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Mark Zimmer,

Diabolik is out on July 13. And I keep hearing that another studio (Blue Underground. maybe?) may be taking on Four Flies on Gray Velvet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks