What's new

Paramount announcements through end of year... (1 Viewer)

Matt Stieg

Stunt Coordinator
Are they ever gonna release any of their silent films on DVD?

Where are...

The Docks of New York
The Last Command
Running Wild
The Wedding March
The Covered Wagon
Old Ironsides
The Sheik
Wings
The Ten Commandments

Sorry but I'm just getting sick of the major studios' lack of interest in their silent titles.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Mine:

THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU
THE COUNTERFEIT TRAITOR
BROADWAY BILL
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE
CONQUEST OF SPACE
UNTOUCHABLES: CE
THE NAKED JUNGLE
BUG
LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL
ACE HIGH

Thanks, Martin! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Most wanted Paramount titles for the future:

THE NAKED PREY
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS
CRACK IN THE WORLD
MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK
THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM
TARZAN'S GREATEST ADVENTURE
TARZAN THE MAGNIFICENT
TARZAN GOES TO INDIA
TARZAN'S THREE CHALLENGES
ACE IN THE HOLE
PHASE IV
(1973)
LADY IN A CAGE
DARK CITY
(1950)
THE MAN WHO COULD CHEAT DEATH

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
Bug: An earthquake releases a strain of mutant cockroaches with the ability to start fires, which proceed to cause destructive chaos in a small town.

Well, that certainly sounds exciting. lol.

I have never seen that before.

Alistair_M

Second Unit
Hope Paramount is reading this thread.

Please make the Ridley Scott film

1492: Conquest of Paradise

a special edition. A commentary by Ridley is a must!

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'm really happy about The Thing Called Love. I am hoping they will get Peter Bogdanovich to do a commentary track like he did for Targets, Daisy Miller, and Paper Moon.

This movie has a great cast. It was River Phoenix's last completed film before he died and also stars Sandra Bullock and Samantha Mathis.

I remember Bogdanovich wrote a good article for Premiere magazine a few years ago all about working with River Phoenix in his last days. It would be wonderful to hear some of these thoughts preserved on a commentary track.

I am also happpy about Foul Play & Eddie Murphy Raw. I'd love to see Delirious released also, but I had heard that Eddie Murphy controls the rights to that one himself and does not wish to release it.

The only other two Paramount titles I now want are Student Bodies and Steven Soderbergh's Kafka.

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
NOW, The 64,000 question, WILL THERE BE TRAILERS OR TV SPOTS ON ANY OF THEM???

Don't waste them like you have practically every 40 titles to one.

I wanna know big time whether Paramount learned their lesson or still is playing the lame-o card that Universal seems to be catching up to.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Great list! I hope RAGTIME contains some of the footage cut before the release.

I hope 2005 has
LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER
ACE IN THE HOLE
SUMMER AND SMOKE
ISLANDS IN THE STREAM
CONFORMIST
1900 (UNCUT)
ELEPHANT WALK
WILD IS THE WIND
DARLING LILI
ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER
REDS
CRACK IN THE WORLD

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great news about Foul Play and Racing with the Moon!

Where's the new S.E. of Grease that was suppose to be released???

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Still no sign of the rousing Chuck Heston Western "Pony Express".

I'm sad that none of the very best Martin and Lewis titles are mentioned.
Is this because Jerry Lewis now has control over the titles?

What I wouldn't give to have, "Living it up"," Pardners","Hollywood or Bust","You're never too Young","Three ring Circus","Artists and Models"( Exists on Laserdisc)"Scared Stiff" and The Irma series.
Let's hope common sense prevails and Paramount is able to release these titles sometime in the near future.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Many thanks to all concerned - a terrific lineup!

There are a few desirables left even after this announcment (NAKED PREY; REDS; CRACK IN THE WORLD, ACE IN THE HOLE, MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK, etc.), most of which have been mentioned, but it's good for the studios to spread out the releases a little, I imagine, so as not to run dry too soon.

I don't understand this, Christopher. What "lesson" should Paramount be learning. All of us would naturally prefer having a trailer included, but considering the quality of the catalog transfers and the amazing price point they are selling at, I am not complaining.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I am extremely glad that Paramount worked a deal with Jerry Lewis for the films he owns, because previous releases he licensed out to other companies looked horrible by comparison. It's nice to have them all back home.

Not that this will ever happen, but when THE CADDY arrives on DVD, there should be an easter egg featuring the hilariously dirty recording session for the radio spots that has circulated in the underground for years.

"Go see our new Paramount movie THE CADDY...with a great big **** on it!"

I'm sure there will be more titles forthcoming for the remainder of the year, so those of you with favorites not listed don't lose hope just yet.

Jeffrey

Stunt Coordinator

It's my understanding that Jerry is working on a book that will cover his years with Dino in massive detail; in an interview with USA Today, I think he stated that the current text/rough draft version totaled somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,000 pages.

So Paramount could be holding back on those films until this project gets released; I'd be willing to bet both the book and additional DVD's will be out next year, probably in the fall.

Jeffrey

ChristopherBlig

Stunt Coordinator
so for the person to comment on my Universal to Paramount post, let's just say I'm starting to notice Universal is doing a good job recycling old titles and adding nothing new. As well for the newer titles, their recent Nighthawks had a great transfer but an altered version of the soundtrack on a key scene and that's not an improvement, that's a shame. And knowing Paramount's reputation of just tossing good older titles out like they didn't matter, I'm hoping that Universal doesn't follow suit as indicated with some of their recent titles

EVERYONE REMEMBER, TIMELINE got the sterling treatment, trailers and all and many classic movies got the lack of that unjustly, it's called catch up!!!

If this continues, I hope some rival renegade DVD company with some power to change hands on key rights to buy the entire Paramount library to give it the treatment it deserves, great transfers, little extras and all

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking up the Deep Impact and Top Gun CE.

Combine these with the just announced Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Dazed and Confused SE's and I'm going to be double-dipping on at least 9 titles this year, which also includes Saving Private Ryan: 60th Anniversary Edition, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King: Extended Edition, and Das Boot: The Miniseries for double dips.

My wallet can definitely feel my pain. :)

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I will only buy THE KEEP DVD if the alternate endings (inlcuding the ones that only showed up on TV) are included as extras and the trailers (of course). A Michael mann commentary would be cool too (if possible).

THE KEEP - A MICHAEL MANN FILM!
What a coincidence! I'm listening to the soundtrack right now.
Please anamorphic with trailers and television spots!
We must have Mann commentary and deleted footage!

Thank you Mr. Blythe!

I just picked up THE TENANT and THE MOLLY MAGUIRES because of you

Best Wishes:)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Man, I have at least 3 old threads begging Paramount for a Deep Impact CE. Bravo! Put me down for...

- Deep Impact CE
- Fire In The Sky
- Top Gun CE
- STG CE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks