1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paramount -2 birds with 1 stone

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bob Engleman, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Bob Engleman

Bob Engleman Well-Known Member

As a tribute to 1 of our most popular presidents, and to rectify a situation that's abysmal, a restoration of " The Last Outpost" ( Cavalry Charge ) would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, the rights to this title were sold several yrs. ago to Ivy Video, which's released the worst DVD I've watched. Martin, will the rights be reverting to Paramount?

In addition to the above, please consider the following:

1.Buccaneer, The
    2.Pony Express
    3.Villa Rides!

The aforementioned titles were sold to Kartes Communication in the early 80's, but reverted with 1 & 2 receiving VHS releases by the studio.

As always, thanks for your efforts on behalf of DVD.

Bob Engleman

2. Bob Engleman

Bob Engleman Well-Known Member

As a tribute to 1 of our most popular presidents, and to rectify a situation that's abysmal, a restoration of " The Last Outpost" ( Cavalry Charge ) would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, the rights to this title were sold several yrs. ago to Ivy Video, which's released the worst DVD I've watched. Martin, will the rights be reverting to Paramount?

In addition to the above, please consider the following:

1.Buccaneer, The
    2.Pony Express
    3.Villa Rides!

The aforementioned titles were sold to Kartes Communication in the early 80's, but reverted with 1 & 2 receiving VHS releases by the studio.

As always, thanks for your efforts on behalf of DVD.

Bob Engleman

3. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Well-Known Member

Does PARAMOUNT now have the rights back for a DVD release of BECKET?

4. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Well-Known Member

Does PARAMOUNT now have the rights back for a DVD release of BECKET?

5. Radik

Radik Member

I think, yes.

6. Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck Well-Known Member

No, I think MPI still has the DVD rights from the Hal Wallis estate to BECKET, as they provided most (but not all) the materials for the recent restoration.

As for Ivy Video, I think they are a quasi-public domain company. They are an offshoot of a small distributor named Crystal Pictures, whose catalog offers 35mm prints of older films for revival. They seem to be reputable, although their last catalog was offering prints of titles that are currently controlled by other companies; for example, they list THE UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG even though the theatrical rights for the U.S. are owned by Zeitgeist and Koch Lorber.

In short, I think if Paramount wants to issue their own DVD of THE LAST OUTPOST, they can.