What's new

Paradigm Reference Servo-15 (1 Viewer)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
According to SVS, the SVS PB2-Plus will have 3x as much output in the 21-23Hz than the Paradigm Reference Servo-15.

HOLY CRAP!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Haris,

That makes sense. The biggest handicap of servo controlled subs, IMHO, is that roughly 50% of you total amp power is eaten up by the servo.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
So, this makes the SVS PB2-Plus a better subwoofer than the Paradigm Reference Servo-15 for movies, right?

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
how much is the servo in the states?? in canada its Retail is $1700 but can be picket up for $1500 no problem. I was given a price of $1300 but I got a PW-2200 instead. Only due to the fact that the servo made my basement one big bass null.

Ron_L

Second Unit
I found the PW2200 too boomy. The servo15's bass " sneaks " up on you...I can't really describe it...

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
I would have no idea. But My first sub was a paradigm ps-1200 had it for a few years wanted somthing better. Tested out Every boston sub, a B&W sub, a supernova and a few others in my HT. including the Servo. I decided the sub I needed to get had to have a port and had to be big. I took the PW-2200 home and totally loved it. Picked a new one up the next day. Theres nothing more you could ask for. I got mine for $725ish CAD roughly. It hits hard,fast and plays loud when a party happened to arrive at my house. Matches you my boston speakers perfectly.I dont find the 2200 to be boomy at all.

You wont be sorry if you get one!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Haris,

For HT, yes I'd prefer the SVS.

Cameron,

Are you simply saying the Servo 15 didn't have enough output so you felt like you had a big null?

Cameron Wright

Stunt Coordinator
No. Maybe it was to big or somthing, Not totally sure why But I liked the 2200 in my room a lot more. The owner of fairview HIFI finished a Home Acoustics Alliance cert and told me to bring my room dimensions in and he could show me where to put everything for the best sound. Like you put your sub in the spot where there is the least amount of bass and it would most likely sound best there. well thats usually Right in the middle of your room. I just don't think that the servo was the correct sub for my application.. :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
You'd have the same null regardless of what sub you used if the placement was the same. The Servo 15 just wouldn't be capable of the same kind of output as a ported enclosure with a similar driver.

Ron_L

Second Unit
It all depends on your room. In my 11 x 10 room, the Servo plays really loud. If I had a bigger room, I would have most likely gone with 2 PW2200's, it all depends in your room and taste.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The SVS 25-31PCi would outgun the PW2200. So just like the Servo 15, it would take roughly 3 PW2200 to equal a PB2+.

Above 30hz a PW2200 will slightly outgun a Servo15. As you go below 30hz the lines will cross and the further below ~30hz tune of the PW2200 you go the more of an advantage the Servo will have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks