What's new

Paradigm in SoCal (1 Viewer)

JamesDB

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering if someone could suggest some dealers or places I might be able to get an honest/good deal on a pair of Paradigm 60's or 100's in the South Cali area.

My other option is to go with B&W 603,604 or KEF Q5,Q7 if you knew of a good dealer.

I live in the Los Angeles/OC area but am willing to drive about 100miles if neccessary. I am not certain about online dealers but am also open to suggestions if the price/dealer reputation is right.

Could you please include the price they may be willing to offer? Thanks

James

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Paradigm does not allow it's products to be sold online. Go to their website: www.paradigm.ca and see what dealers are available in your area. I'm sure someone will chime in with opinions on one or two in your area.

JamesDB

Stunt Coordinator
I appreciate any recommendations people can make. What do you think would be a fair price here in Cali for these speakers?

James

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
James- There are several paradigm retailers in Southern California. If you go to Paradigms website, there is a dealer locator.

You might try:

Ahead Stereo (Hollywood)
Audio Concepts (long beach or San Gabriel)
Shelly's Stereo (Woodland Hills and the West side)
Systems Design Group (Redondo)
LA Audio Video (LA)

There are some in OC but I dont have info on them, you should look them up.

I have found ZERO, NADA, NO price difference on Paradigm products between any of them. You should let your fingers do the walking.

JamesDB

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Mike, I never even knew about that place.
Yes I know that the Pardigm site has the dealers on it but I guess I was looking for a more personal recommendation. Did you purchase paradigms then Eric? Even with no price drop?

Genesis audio really does look super high end. I wonder if their prices are competitive or not. I kinda like the 60's better than the B&W 603s in the auditions that I've done. The Q7s from KEF also sounded nice to me and I am really debating if I should not just go ahead and get those because at Soundpros.com down in San Diego they seem to be going for pretty cheap. The only thing I am really worried about is the center channel in that Q line. Can it really hold its own against the likes of the Paradigm or B&W? How about the dipolar sides?

James

Erik.Ha

Supporting Actor
Nope... I havent purchased yet... Honestly, I just havent had time to do it. Im fine with the price(s) so I dont see a point in haggling for a price drop...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
As far as pricing goes, if you go for a full set of speakers, you might get 10% off. My dealer has done this and better for me, but I also spend a decent amount there, as well as send him a lot of business. Talk to them and you might be surprised.

While the KEFs sounded more musical to my ears, but they also seemed to exhibit some off axis problems when I listened to them.

See if you have an NHT dealer in your area and give the M5s and M6s a listen.

JamesDB

Stunt Coordinator
Has any one else audiotioned the KEF Q7, dipoles and centers? They seem to be almost half the price of the Paradigms. Although I don't mind paying the money for the 60's I still like to know I am making a smart choice.

Why is their such a weight difference between the cabinets of the Q7 and 60s?
Has anyone felt the timbre of the Q9c didn't match the rest as well as the Paradigm set?
Any experience with soundpros.com?

James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks