What's new

Paradigm 12" which one would you choose? (1 Viewer)

Charlie_B

Auditioning
Hello all, this would be my first post here I have been doing allot of reading here and it's great!:emoji_thumbsup:.O.K. guys, in about 3 weeks or so I will be looking for a new sub for my HT I have now a 15" which sounds great but is alittle on the slow side(it's around 8 years old I think) for music and DD/DTS material. Since the rest of my HT is Paradigm I suppose I would go with the sub to keep everything in the family. Now im looking for as much feedback as possible from people here who may own either a PS-1200 or PW-2200 subwoofer, these are the ones im thinking of getting I am leaning more toward the PW-2200 due to the power(400 watts RMS 1500 watts Peak)and down to 18Hz(so they claim) but if anyone can tell me different and lean toward the PS-1200 please tell me im all ears, Am just going by specs here at this moment. I do 80% movie and 20% music and I like my bass loud and hard hitting so I hope im going in the right direction with one of these Paradigm subs If anyone can give me some feedback or there 2cents please do I wanna know! BTW I was considering a SVS but im in Canada and the exchange+ brokerage fee would be to much, if the brokerage fee wasn't there I would splurge but these are the 2 I am thinking of.

Thanks Guys!

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
i owned the ps1200. it was ok. but it didnt seem very good. i dont know why. the sub sounded kinda messy. then after 2 months of owning it i decided to take it back and get the pw2200 i must say the extra 400 or so dollars was well worth it. it hits really hard and can go loud. well this is what you should do . my paradigm dealer lets me upgrade my speakers in an apporx 1-2 years time. so ask your dealer if you can take it back in 2 - 3 months if you dont like the ps1200 the get the pw2200. i say instead of wasting your time just go straight to pw2200. it takes about 30 hours to break the cone in. after that have fun:D oh yeah my ears arnt that good im just going by what i remember. btw i had my pw2200 for almost 1 year and im not going back. i want to get the servo 15 very soon
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Charlie_B

Auditioning
Thanks for your reply!!it helped me out, if anyone else has the pw2200 i also like to hear the feedback on this sub because there isent much out there on the net for reviews on that particular sub.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
I have one (2200) and love it to death. I have a friend that bought one because of mine and then his dad bought one. In all of our different size and shape rooms it sounds great!

If you can afford it then don't bother with the PS 1200.

There are reviews on Paradigms site as well as on audioreview.com.

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
You've got my vote for a PW-2200. I made the mistake of first buying a PDR-12. It's lacking performance (wasn't very accurate) soon made look else where. The PW-2200 (the older one at that) was exactly what I was looking for.

Steve Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
I have a PW-2200. I haven't heard the PDR-1200, so I can't compare, but the 2200 is an amazing sub in my ht (12'X 20'). I think I even like it better on music than movies. But I'm also the kind of guy who thinks too much is almost enough. My 2200 works well, but on some of the most bass intensive scenes, at reference level (to be fair), I can hear it beginning to sweat a little (not much, no one else has ever commented on it, but I'm pretty critical. )That's the only reason I'm considering moving up to the SVS PB2+. Nothing like having tons of headroom available.

Charlie_B

Auditioning
Thanks for being honest about it I apreciate that allot! I am really leaning really hard on the pw2200 but for some reason in the back of my mind I keep thinking to splurge the extra money(on credit of corse silly!:wink: )and go for the Seismic 12 but the lack of reviews on that one deters me,it's still very new and I am worried about "bugs" that still have to be worked out of it. any other sugestions feel free to give you 2cents, I will be at my Paradigm dealer tomorow morning to have a listen to the pw2200 and dare I have a listen to the seismic 12.

Thanks again guys!
Charlie

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
I liked my PW-2200 so much that I bought another one for added headroom. Nothing like twin subs to make a man happy. My homepage says it all.:D

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
I've had my PW-2200 for 4 years and love the hell out of it. I know there are better subs out there, but this sub definitely packs a whallop. I don't think it's quite as musical as others, but at the same time I still am satisfied with its performance on music. Bottom line...awesome sub, great for HT, good for music...buy it, you won't be disappointed.

cabreau

Second Unit
The PW-2200 is great. I have one and it's truly amazing. I had a PDR-10 before that which was OK, but nothing like the PW-2200.

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
Seismic 12 is a new model. It should be good but I still have to listen to it. For now I have a pw-2200 and I love it. It is as good for music as for HT.

Charlie_B

Auditioning
Thanks for all your opinions guys!:emoji_thumbsup: I have decided on the seismic 12 and will be picking it up tomorrow i know this is a huge jump from what i was going to get but i liked the small size of it. ill fill you in when i get it going

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Charlie,

Congrats on the decision. We'll look forward to your views of this sub once you get it - if you can provide the little review for us. :)

Thanks.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I hear the Seismic 12 will outperform the Servo-15. My local dealer does not have one yet, but he tells me he's gonna order one for his reference demo room.

Nathan Porteous

Stunt Coordinator
The seismic 12 will outperform the servo 15 in some areas but not in low end extenction, I listened to a side by side of the 2 at my dealer and the seismic had more output in the 25 to 50 range but you could defiantly feel the servo alot more downlow thats why i went with the servo over the siesmic for the same price but i also want it more for HT, I just had a chance to listen to a friends's uncle's system with dual servos, let me tell you that was impressive:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks