What's new

Panzer Dragoon Orta (1 Viewer)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
I finally beat Chapter 10 on Normal level!!!
Took me 46 attempts (I'm ashamed, but this 39 year old's reflexes must be dulling) :)
Then, for fun I played thru the entire game on easy in just under two hours. I've played thru it three times total now, (two easy, one normal) and still only have 12 hours play time, 3 short of unlocking most everything. No biggie really, as I am not even close to being bored of PDO.

Dan B

Screenwriter
46 attempts huh?! I had a hard time, too. I thought easy difficulty was really easy though compared to normal. I still haven't started hard yet. I'll get my skills there though some day soon.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
46 attempts huh?!
:b Yes. But there were numerous exits to the RETRY menu in there if I took too many hits before the middle of the boss's 2nd form. It was those friggin lasers that kept getting me, and that was because my Base Wing was not level 5. My heavy was, and my Glide Wing was maxed too. I did not distribute the Genes as well as I should have.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
and that was because my Base Wing was not level 5. My heavy was, and my Glide Wing was maxed too. I did not distribute the Genes as well as I should have.
You don't really need to distribute the genes to your Base wing Rick. Great thing is the game lets you play with your own style. I beat the game on Hard with my Base wing at level 3 (Heavy Wing at 5 and Glide Wing at 3) and survived the battle with a good bit of health. Its just a matter of timing your lockon laser (Fire right after you hear the ringing sound) properly on that second form (and part of the third form). Last boss is cake once you get that down.

Benjamin_L

Stunt Coordinator
I've got to thank all of you SEGA fans out there whose sly anticipation-building chatter coaxed me to test this game out: totally eye-popping experience.
Anyone know if you can unlock a way to start out at certain level of the game? I would love to be able to start on the Eternal Glaciers lvl for those rare moments when I can hook up the system to a big screen...
How I laugh at my friends who are too "cool" to play it. :laugh:

EdR

Second Unit
Anyone know if you can unlock a way to start out at certain level of the game? I would love to be able to start on the Eternal Glaciers lvl for those rare moments when I can hook up the system to a big screen...
I'd like to know this too. I'd like to be able to show off certain levels to friends, and also just try selected ones when I feel like it.

I saw a code (a combination of stick moves and button presses) on some site, maybe GameFAQs.com but it didn't work.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to know this too. I'd like to be able to show off certain levels to friends
You either need to beat the game on hard (which opens up the "Free" game mode in Pandora's box. You can select what level you want to play, difficulty, what dragon rider you (yes you can use someone either than Orta in this mode), and even certain hidden dragons and vehicles.

The other alternative is to log at least 15 hours in the game (you can check your time by looking at the records)and this will unlock that same mode.

EdR

Second Unit
Ah, ok, thanks Romier. I didn't know this was one of the benefits of beating it on Hard. I've only beat it on Normal.

I think I must be pretty close to the 15-hour mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks