What's new

Panny AE-700 image size question (1 Viewer)

Dave Getson

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, so as I mentioned in another thread, I built my screen (110" 16:9) and have been loving it. I built it 96" x 54". When I pop in a DVD, the menu fills the screen and looks like magic. But when the movie plays, there are always black bars. Movies that are 1:78:1 have small black lines on top and bottom, where the 2:39:1 movies, obviously have thicker black lines. I hate being one of those guys who come on here and say "why are their black bars at the top and bottom of my screen!". I fully expected the wider movies to have them but I guess I always thought the 1:78:1 movies would fill the screen. Zooming will fill the screen, with some slight cropping, but I find makes the overall image far too soft so I don't use zoom. Did I miss something or is this just the way it is?

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator
Those "1.78:1" movies to which you refer are probably really 1.85:1, hence the thin black bars.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks