What's new

Panic Room: 3- disc Special Edition coming in March (1 Viewer)

Shoaib Lateef

Second Unit
do we really need a 3 disc edition??

this was a pretty mediocre movie and the softest superbit i've ever seen...

of course, this is IMHO.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

I agree about the transfer. Though many of the forum - in a previous thread - thought this looked as good as any other Superbit which surprised me. I wonder if this edition will be the same.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Definitely overkill.

I know it's a matter of taste, but I wish the truely great films (critically acclaimed masterpieces and classics) get 3 disc treatments.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
In my opinion this film is far superior to some of the other titles that have gotten similar DVD treatment. I'll definitely be buying this SE whenever it comes out.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
DVD Times posted this information about the March 30th release of the 3 disc SE of Panic Room. As a fan of Fincher's entire oeuvre I'm very happy to see this being released and have no qualms about a double dip; particularly if the supplements approach the quality of those on Fight Club. The previsualization sequences on disc 2 and the commentary tracks are the items that I'm most looking forward to.

Summarizing:
Overkill - Nope.
Bad transfer on the Superbit disc - Nope.
Purchasing the new SE - All over it.

- Walter.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
It would really be sweet if the extras included the brief stuff nicole kidman filmed before her injury forced her to leave the movie and be replaced with jodie foster.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I've seen most of the previsualisations done for the film and they are absolutely fascinating. Fincher had the entire multi-level set modelled in 3D and then placed a variety of virtual cameras (on tracks, dollies, jibs, steadicam, etc) with dead-on accurate lens simulations in the digital "set". He could then plot out camera movement precisely, seeing at any time what the cameras would eventually see.

It let him work out every detail before shooting. I don't think anyone has taken set previsualisations this far before. I'd buy the set for those alone.

-greg

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Thank you for the threadcrap. Please submit a list of all the movies you deem worthy of special editions so everyone here can criticize your choices...

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well, while you can count me as a BIG Fincher fan, 3 discs for one movie does seem a bit much. I hope the extras will prove to be worth it.

I did find "Panic Room" to be a 'lesser' Fincher film (hey, it's pretty hard to top the brilliance of "Fight Club") so I would be content with 2 discs. I own the superbit disc so I'll have to wait and see.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I may be in the minorty but I didn't like fight club and loved Panic Room so I for one can't wait for this release

So there ya go to each his own..:D

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
i LOVED this movie but I refused to buy the extra-less 'superbit' version, i cant beliuve it's takien this long, but thank god I can finally get this movie!

Now all we need is The Game, Finchers best IMO (i actually like se7en and fight club less than Panic Room and The Game)

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
i definitely want this but i dont think i want it bad enough to pay about 32.99 for it, 40$ retail. i would be happier with a 2 disc version for 19.99. i will wait for it to go on sale under 25 bucks and then ill pick it up.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I held off for the SE, and it looks like it paid off. While definitely not on par with Fincher's masterful Se7en, I still enjoyed the film thoroughly, and will be picking this up.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
If this release will be anything like Columbia's Black Hawk Down 3-disc set I'd think that you should be able to purchase it somewhere in the $25 range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks