What's new

Panasonic TH-42PWD6UY (1 Viewer)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
I am VERY close to buying this plasma. The price is right the blacks look good and I'm fine with ED. I'm not ready for HD yet.

Any thoughts on this set? Good or bad?

Wolfgang.K

Agent
Honestly.....I'm jealous!

For the price it's hard to beat. All the reviews I read on this unit were good.

I think you can't go wrong with it. Just make sure you are getting a competitive price.

wk

SimiA

Second Unit
Yeah, they're so good, I bought 2!!
The PQ for an ED set is very good on these sets, and when I feed an HD signal through these puppies, the PQ is amazing!!!
Happy viewing, Vb

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Thanks guys! Pay day is Tuesdayyy......
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

DTVCity has the best deal on these, anyone order from them before?

Rich H

Second Unit
Jonathan,

Huge thumbs up on that plasma. It really is one of the best you can buy. It looks stellar on DVD and Hi-Def and it does regular cable/sat channels better than the majority of digital displays.

I've owned an ealier version of that plasma (4UY) for over two years and it still blows me away. For kicks, you can check out screen shots of DVDs playing on my Panasonic 4UY plasma - click the link below my name.

Have fun.

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I haven't heard of DTVcity. I tried to find some vendor reviews on resellerratings.com epinions.com etc and couldn't find any. Anybody know of a place with some reviews of this etailer?

I know Visual Apex is very highly recommended.
Plasma concepts is too, and they are also a HTF sponsor.

They both have it for $2400.

They aren't offering the free warranty that DTVcity is, but it's only a couple of hundred extra bucks for the warranty if you want it.

I'd be leery if you can't find reviews on the etailer. The piece of mind in dealing with a good etailer is worth the extra few hundred bucks.

Good choice on a display :D

SimiA

Second Unit
You should try plasmaextreme.us
Lisa gave me great deals and service.
Her prices are even lower since i purchased mine, but her quality of service is still great.
Tell her porciniman sent ya, and ask her for a trout slap.
She'll know what it means.
She enjoys that!!D :D :D
Vb

Juan_T

Stunt Coordinator
Rich H,

i saw your comparison of S-video vs Component on your Plasma website,

Why does the picture look clearer on S-video? Isnt component supposed to be better?

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Rich has got some super duty S-video cable that he spent half the GNP of Canada on....or was given to him by the aliens the last time he was abducted....can't remeber which is is off hand, but lean towards the former ;)

Mort

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
That's a great question. My progressive dvd player says it only runs on progressive in component. Wouldn't that knock S-video out of the running right there?

(get me, I'm hijacking my own thread!)

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
The panels electronics would do the deinterlacing vs the DVD players when fed S-video output....sooooo, with a really good cable, and good panel circuitry, you'd still get a 480p picture on the display and it sometimes could be better than feeding it a 480p signal over component. Another example....I feed my PDP 480i vs 480p from my Motorola STB as the display does a better job than the STB and I get the best PQ that way.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks