What's new

Panasonic PT-AX200U much better than PT-AE900U? (1 Viewer)

Woodpin

Auditioning
Real Name
Daryl Woodworth
Has anyone compared the performance of these two projectors? I've searched with no luck. I own the 900U, and am still impressed with the cinema quality, though it needs complete darkness to be appreciated. I know this projector is an older model, but it still gets current rave reviews and still sells new in many stores for $700 to $1100. The PT-AX200U Is a current model that has slightly higher brightness and contrast specs, but seems to be advertised more as a gamers best friend and secondly as a good HT projector.

At a low price of $879 including shipping, is it worth the upgrade, or is it even much of an upgrade for cinema viewing? I just bought a new bulb ($230) for the 900U.

Any discussion appreciated.

Woody

Woodpin

Auditioning
Real Name
Daryl Woodworth
Thanks, Bob, I'll check it out. Is the PT-L900 essentially the same as my PT-AE900U?

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard

I don't recall ever seeing a PT-L900U, but if there was one, it is the same as the PT-AE900U. Panasonic did have identical PT-L500U and PT-AE500U, but I think by the time the 900 model was out, it was only PT-AE900U.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks