What's new

Panasonic PT-50LC13 thoughts/opinions? (1 Viewer)

DarinB

Auditioning
bought last Saturday morning @ CC - price on the floor was 2999, plus (or minus...) a 300 buck rebate. Sunday's ad show's it @ 3299 - feeling pretty good about a net cost of 2699 and no waiting for the UPS truck... ;)

So far, I couldn't be more thrilled (it's waaaay better than the old 27" tube - I even put away my binoc's...).

One thing I'm curious about is in the adjustment of the picture - I've been fooling with it, and I've got it set up to where it looks pretty darn good to me. Problem is I've got some video junkie friends who insist that I should buy or borrow a calibration disk (DVD I guess?), and set up the set that way. So what's the scoop - is this really necessary, or can I trust my eyeballs???

I knew before buying this puppy that the black levels were not going to be fantastic - even so, I'm perfectly satisfied - it may be that I've lived with lesser electronics for so long that I don't know the difference... ;)

Anyone else own this set? I'd love to hear your impressions...Mine? I think that it's a fantastic set for the $$ paid.

...........................darin

my shtuff:
Panasonic PT-50LC13 Monitor
Yamaha RX-V530 Reciever
Energy Take 5+1 Speakers
Panasonic PV-D4743S DVD/VCR

Aaron Cohen

Second Unit
I bought mine right when it came out and have it in my dorm room. I love it. I used the Avia set up disc to calibrate it, I really would recommend picking that up or at the very least calibrating the colors using one of those THX optimizer functions that are present on some dvd's, offhand I can't remember which ones though... I was able to get the set looking much better after using the disc, so I would recommend it.... LOL, you just spent that much on the set, now you want it look its' best right? :)

Only downside I have found is the much-publicized LCD's black level issues, but I have definitely grown used to them. I bought the set after getting store credit back from Circuit City for a year old 34XBR800 Sony Set that had given me tons of problems and I couldn't be happier. I have been unable to view any HD on it due to being unable to get it in my college dorm but DVD's look great on it as does my PC. I have a plethora of game systems so the very suprising wealth of inputs is great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks