1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic Extended Waranty - Decision

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Parisis, May 20, 2003.

1. Parisis

Parisis Active Member

I have a new Panasonic PT-47WX42 RPTV coming tomorrow. ($999 from Boscovs- Wilmington Philly Stores still have a few)I passed on the extended warranty and the salesman said I had a month to change my mind. My question is this, As my 1 year warranty comes to an end , will Panasonic call and offer me an extension? If so , how much did you pay? I never buy these things but smething this complicated has me worried. Also , do you have to do anything special with your insurance. I have full replacement on my Nationwide policy and probably cold not find another unit for $999. Thanks this board is a great help.

2. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure if Panny offers extended warranty. I bought my Panny 47 about 5 months ago and I got it service 3 times already, due to a gun being replaced.

How much does the store want for the extended warranty and for how long?

3. Bryan X

Bryan X Well-Known Member

Remember, if you use a credit card your warranty may be extended automatically.

I purchased the my RPTV with my mastercard and it extends the warranty from 1 year to 2 years free of charge.

4. Tim Jin

Tim Jin Well-Known Member

Which Mastercard do you have?

That is what I did. I bought my on my Amex and I have an year extended warranty.

5. Parisis

Parisis Active Member

Panasonic has what they call a Customer Care Plan that can be purchased for up to 3 years in addition to the "free" year. I tried to call for pricing but they wern't open yet.
    I am of the belief that most bad things happen in the first year. I also am Italian and have over 70 first cousins. One of them must work on these things. I'm going to a wedding next weekend and will have to ask around. Take care all.

6. Bryan X

Bryan X Well-Known Member