What's new

Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Questions (1 Viewer)

stevenHa

Second Unit
I'm looking to get this blu ray player for my 720p panasonic plasma tv and wanted to know if there are any issues/problems I need to consider. Does it upconvert well ? Are there any compatibility problems with this setup ? , etc. Thanks.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I upgraded to this player about a month ago. My previous player was a 3 year old Sony BDP-S350. The Panny's load times are noticeably faster than the old Sony. I have not run into any issues with the player yet. The wireless adapter works well with my network, offering both 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11n options (I am using the latter with my simultaneous dual-band Linksys router). Firmware updates went smoothly over the wireless connection -- I did a 2nd one just last night. I have only tried two of the streaming services so far -- Pandora and Vudu (I do not have a Netflix account). Both worked fine, although navigation was a little slow. I cannot comment on SD-DVD upconversion, since I still use an Oppo 980H for DVD content and have not tried playing a DVD in the Panny. The player is connected via HDMI to a Pioneer Elite 94TXH receiver, which passes the 1080p video signal through to a Samsung 67-inch 1080p LED DLP display. This TV is not 3D-compatible without an adapter, so I have not tried any 3D content -- nor do I really have any interest in 3D anyway.

Eric Nordstrom

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Nordstrom
I was looking at that player to upgrade (panny bd-55) I bought a new tv instead-go figure.,Antway if I don't buy a Oppo, I'll buy a panasonic. The only prob. I have w/my bd-55 is loading is slow. So I decided to keep it and utilize the 5.1 multichannel. That panny should be fine. Eric

stevenHa

Second Unit
Ok so I got this player and it works great for viewing blu ray but for upconverting, the image doesn't look as good as on my old Oppo 980. Is this a software/performance issue or is it a matter that going from 480 to 720p produces a better image than trying to go from 480 to 1080p ?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there is a super resolutions setting in the display setting. it set at 1. it should be at 0. try doing that. that should fix the dvd upconversion problem. Jacob

stevenHa

Second Unit
Has anyone experienced problems with B&W movies where the faces look washed out (I have super resolutions set to 0) ? When I play the same dvd on a dvd player it looks fine. Any remedies ? Thanks.

stevenHa

Second Unit
I thought I'd bump this up again as I am very frustrated with what's happening. I am using a Panasonic 42 inch plasma 720P tv with this blu ray player and when I view black and white movies some parts of the images get washed out. I assume it might have to do with the way the player up converts dvd - does anyone else experience this, is there any remedy (it happened with Casablanca and the Laurel and Hardy Essentials dvds) ? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks