1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Panasonic BD30 or Samsung BDP1400 ?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Orlando, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member

I was really leaning towards the BD30, but the price difference between it and the Samsung. And some of the negative comments about the BD30 DVD upconversion. Not sure I really care about the profile stuff. But the all codecs bitstream is a must.

IS the upconversion on the BD30 that bad and is the Samsung that much better then the Panasonic?

Or in general is the BD30 worth the extra for the Blu-ray content?

I have to decide today as my 12% Best Buy coupon expires and was all set on the Panny. But I am having those last minute doubts.

Thanks

2. Ted Kontos

Ted Kontos Well-Known Member

I would suggest the Sharp BD-HP20. Decodes all advanced codecs except DTS-HD (analog or HDMI). Excellent picture and sound quality and I haven't experienced any problems yet (knock on wood). Read the Samsung 1400 threads and there seem to be many problems associated with that machine.

3. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member

Thanks Ted,

Ended up getting the Panasonic. I read the posts you mentioned and other then price and DVD upconversion the Panny was always mentioned as being better.

DTS-HD was a must for me that is why no Sharp on my short list. Enjoy it!