What's new

Paladin dies and Parts Express crimp handle? (1 Viewer)

Dag H

Auditioning
Does anyone know if the Paladin dies work with the Parts Express crimp handle?

Thanks!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I think the Paladin dies will only work with Paladin handles. The 1302 (non-ratcheting) handle is available as low as $30 online and the 8000 (ratcheting) is available as los as $41 online. Awhile back there were some sprint labeled OEM 8000 handles available for $20 each when you bought a die with it, but those deals seem to be all gone. I'm glad I got mine then, but $30 or $40 is MUCH better than paying the insane prices for Canare tools, especially if you're only doing a few batches of cables.

Dag H

Auditioning
Bummer...I already have the Parts Express crimp handle. Thanks for the info though...

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Mine works like a champ.

Look at the pics of them. They look exactly alike.

I've using mine for Canare RCA's without a hitch.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
You've been using a PE handle w/ a paladin die? Or a PE handle w/ a canare die? I know the canare dies can be made to fit the PE handle, but I thought the paladin handles used a different form factor die. Now that I look at the PE handle it appears that they use a similar form factor and the sizes might very well match up. If you have a cheapo wire stripper/crimper that can crimp your center pin for you (0.052" works very well) then you could use either of the $8.50 PE hex cripm dies to do your bottom boot crimp (0.324") and save even more money. The paladin 2649 die has the proper center pin size and bottom boot size on the same die, but costs around $35.

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, a Paladin die with a 20 dollar Parts Express handle. You need to adjust the squeeze just a bit. Just remove the little screw toward the jaw of the handle and move the adjuster a couple of notches.

I didn't come up with this. I found it on another site.

This is copied and pasted from another post I made on another site..

I found most of the info for this setup here.

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/cab...ges/96817.html

Here's part of the info.

Beldon Cable 89259
Use Canare RCAP-C4F

For Canare LV77S
Canare RCAP-C77

For Canare L-5CFB RG6
RCAP-C5F

For crimp and die.. The Paladin die used with my crimps from Parts Express should do the trick...Die number 2649 and should work for both connectors listed above.

http://store.yahoo.com/technicalconn...c/2649die.html $20

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=360-048

You'll have to tighten up how it crimps somewhat with the adjustable setting toward the back of the jaw but this crimp is identical to the Paladin that sells for 40 bucks.

You can save quite a bit by using this over the Canare tools.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If i had it to do over again i would have got one of the PE handle, one of the PE hex dies for the lower boot crimp and use a cheapo wire stripper/crimper for the center pin. This would give all the propper crimping tools for around $30.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks