What's new

PAL VHS playback.... (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
PAL 50 field has nothing to do with 50Hz electricity.

You can use NA electricity or Euro electricity with no problem whatsoever. WARNING!!!! look at the back, certain units have automatic voltage switching, certain units require manual switching.

You can put in any PAL and NTSC tapes in the unit and the unit will output the corresponding signal.

Certain unit (I'm not sure about this one), have selectable output. That means anything you put in (PAL and NTSC) will be outputted as NTSC or PAL (your choice via a switch, usually at the back, or a series of button push)

ALL of the above ARE explained in the manual. If you have the manual and haven't read it, then RTFM. If you don't have a manual, get one. I usually read the manuals when it comes to pro-sumer and pro equipments.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
If I had a manual then the first thing I would have done was RTFM before I posted a message here.

I did a search online for a manual but no luck.

I could not find any switches on the back.

Anyone know were I can get a manual for this model?

David Susilo

Screenwriter
If Panasonic USA can't help you, try e-mailing Panasonic Japan, they will have the library of manuals. That's how I got the manual for my Panasonic broadcast video mixer.

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Thanks David, I managed to find the manual online.

It states that there should be a switch on the front under a removable panel called "TV SYSTEM" but my unit is blank right were that should be so there must either be a few models out there or the one I have is older to the point it did not have that option.

A friend sent me a PAL VHS tape that he wanted me to digitize but it does not look like I will be able to do this with the AG-7350 or the AG-7150 decks that I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks