What's new

International PAL AND OTHER-REGION DVD ANNOUNCEMENTS & REVIEWS (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Although I haven't seen this release myself, it's almost certain that the subs can be switched off, because there is a choice of Dutch or French subtitles. "None" will almost certainly be the third option then.

Cees

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
A better price for Six Black Horses can be found http://www.proxis.be/BEEN/Product/Film/SIX-BLACK-HORSES-5050582706673/6222242__detail.aspx?searchGSA=six+black+horses&shop=100004&SelRubricLevel1Id=100004

f9054efd_vlcsnap2010053121h29m08.jpg

617a1755_vlcsnap2010053121h31m01.jpg

16487730_vlcsnap2010053121h31m44.jpg

58389144_vlcsnap2010053121h36m55.jpg

speedspin

Agent
Real Name
Dafydd Jones
Thanks for taking the trouble to post those screenshots Colin. That certainly answers my question. No, the picture quality isn't stellar but it will do I suppose unless someone's heard that Koch have it lined up in Germany.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Disney's MAKE MINE MUSIC is available on a Scandanavian R2 disc uncut, and includes the U.S.-censored episode "The Hatfields and the McCoys" for a total running time of 75m compared to the R-1's 67m. I found one outfit that carries it in Denmark, but they will not ship to the U.S. I cannot get a translation of other sites that carry it. I really want this film. Any suggestions?

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Originally Posted by Dick
Disney's MAKE MINE MUSIC is available on a Scandanavian R2 disc uncut, and includes the U.S.-censored episode "The Hatfields and the McCoys" for a total running time of 75m compared to the R-1's 67m. I found one outfit that carries it in Denmark, but they will not ship to the U.S. I cannot get a translation of other sites that carry it. I really want this film. Any suggestions?
I might be interested my self and could get 2 - one for me and one for you. I would think they could ship to Germany. What info do you have on the company. What else might they have? I assume it has at least english,

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
I have the MAKE MINE MUSIC DVD in question. It is uncut, PAL, and interlaced from an NTSC source without PAL speedup - but it does have continuous ghosting on the image due to the poor NTSC to PAL conversion. I ordered it around 4 years ago from some website... I can't remember the name at all, but it started with an A. LOL - that probably doesn't help much. It is a dual-layered disc and in English, though it has other language options for subtitles.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
I would be interested in checking out the uncut MAKE MINE MUSIC region 2 if someone locates where it may be bought.

I bought the uncut and uncensored MELODY TIME from amazon U.K. Cheaper to buy it from them than to buy the censored edition domestically. Under ten dollars with postage. I'll probably get the two uncut and uncensored Chip and Dale collections from amazon U.K. as well.

Originally Posted by Marcel H.
Universal Cinema Classics releases in Spain for June:

Freud
Interlude
Gambit
One Desire
Thanks for the heads up on these.
I'm interested in FREUD, one of a handful of "lost" John Huston films, and in INTERLUDE, which Douglas Sirk directed during his most creative period.

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
http://www.axelmusic.com/ - That's where I got it. I was reading a blog and that website was mentioned, and then I remembered that it is where I ordered MAKE MINE MUSIC. I don't know what the exchange rate is now, but it was close to $50 in US$ with shipping when I got it 4 yrs ago - overpriced for a poor NTSC-to-PAL conversion that is interlaced and has ghosting built into it.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Well I got a nice surprise today - whilst coming back from work I stumbled on a new Greek release of John Huston's Moby Dick. It's a MGM/Fox release and the case stated that it was 1.85:1 anamorphic, so I thought I'd take a chance on it. On popping it into my player I found that it's actually a 1.66:1 anamorphic transfer. I think this is the first time this title has come out anywhere in OAR.

kenNew

Stunt Coordinator
Livius - I've been waiting years for an OAR of Moby Dick. I'd be grateful if you could supply any information about your supplier in Greece. Many thanks.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Ken, there's not really much choice when it comes to online retailers within Greece - e-shopping just hasn't taken off to any extent here. I just picked the movie off the shelf in a B&M store - classic titles are pretty well represented here. The only company I've used in the past, and that was for a domestic order, can be found with this link. The site says they do ship internationally and cost is dependent on weight. I found them reliable on the two occasions that I used them in the past.

kenNew

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Livius, that's very helpful. Despite the fact that the trailer they've attached is for the Patrick Stewart version the cover art certainly appears to be the Gregory Peck movie I've been waiting for. Thanks again.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I have found a link with a store in Denmark.that sells Make Mine Music

http://www.dvdcity.dk/?52X31X3531XA8323232393

I haven't had time to check with them. I would be surprised if they don't ship to Germany. I will probably order and can oder several and send them to someone in the US, It would be chaper to send several to one US address and to send 1 to several addresses. Will check in a few days and again post here. I also have a Boston Bank checking account.

Colin McGuigan

Second Unit
Real Name
Colin McGuigan
Courtesy of a tip off from John Hodson on another forum: Fritz Lang's While the City Sleeps is getting a release in the UK on July 26 - Amazon UK have it up for pre-order.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks